Manchester 100m - 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
It's an 8am start for 100km...... would like to see the confusion on folks faces when you reach the split point. :whistle:
Ah, didn't realise the 100m lot had an earlier start time slot... makes sense though, I suppose. :blush:

Tharg2007

Veteran
you can start when you like sharky, Why not accompany us at 7am then peel off at the splitting point. I say 'us' but not sure what that is yet :biggrin:

Paul_L

Über Member
you can start when you like sharky, Why not accompany us at 7am then peel off at the splitting point. I say 'us' but not sure what that is yet :biggrin:

I was wondering about starting pre 8am for the 100km, to try and get back home for lunch time. I take it the starts aren't that controlled?

Only downside i guess is after the split the more chance you'll riding alone.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I take it the starts aren't that controlled?

Controlled? These morons? They couldn't control their sphincter muscles. Do what you want (especially if you feel like not succumbing to their Shylock money-grabbing antics), go when you want and enjoy it DESPITE them, they'll definitely do nowt to assist you in that particular endeavour.

Tharg2007

Veteran
I registered this year too, my number arrived this morning too ... 939 ... spooky
wacko.gif

peteoc

we're all signed up now 1007 - 1010 :smile:

kennyb

Hi all im doing the 100k this year, did the bigger 1 a few years ago but training as'nt been 2 good with all the wet weather. Did the dougie mac in may and managed 2.47..Hope 2 c u all there in the dry i hope. Kennyb.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Doesn't look like I'll be doing it this year :sad:.

Unless I suddenly start feeling more energetic and less washed out soon I'll just be sticking with my commutes for my riding. Maybe I'm just getting too old for riding to work, working all day then riding to play 5-a-side (with 8 people - tough game!!) then riding home afterwards... feel absolutely knackered today! :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Doesn't look like I'll be doing it this year :sad:.

Unless I suddenly start feeling more energetic and less washed out soon I'll just be sticking with my commutes for my riding. Maybe I'm just getting too old for riding to work, working all day then riding to play 5-a-side (with 8 people - tough game!!) then riding home afterwards... feel absolutely knackered today! :blush:

Football's not good for your 'aged' body you know........... :tongue:

grimpeur

Veteran
Controlled? These morons? They couldn't control their sphincter muscles. Do what you want (especially if you feel like not succumbing to their Shylock money-grabbing antics), go when you want and enjoy it DESPITE them, they'll definitely do nowt to assist you in that particular endeavour.

Agree on this. Rode it last year and there was no organisation to speak of at the start, the mid way point or the finish. Nobody asked for my number ,checked me in or feck all. Seemed pointless wearing a number at all. Start times were seemingly irrelevant on the day.

Oh,and there is no timing of riders at all so if you want to know how fast you did, best rely on your 'puter for this one.

Marshalling was good though. No map required start to finish.

Camgreen

Agree on this. Rode it last year and there was no organisation to speak of at the start, the mid way point or the finish. Nobody asked for my number ,checked me in or feck all. Seemed pointless wearing a number at all. Start times were seemingly irrelevant on the day.

Oh,and there is no timing of riders at all so if you want to know how fast you did, best rely on your 'puter for this one.

Marshalling was good though. No map required start to finish.

Did the 100k last year. Some of the Marshalling was fine, other bits decidedly ropey; at one point a marshall was actually asleep and at another the marshalls were so ensconced in their own conversation, we passed by unnoticed.
biggrin.gif
Still all volunteers I suppose.

My one issue though was the lack of any count down markers on the course. Perhaps they've previously had problems with them going walkies?; all the same, whatever level you are, whether you're doing 100k or 100 miles, it's always nice to know how far you have left to go. Hopefully something Bike Events will have sorted out this time around.

DaveyB1981

Hoping to take part in this this year. I know people are saying that you don't need to pay, but I don't mind paying. My mileage is down so I've decided to basically see how I feel the night before and then look at the weather and take the road bike and do 100 miles or the mtb and the 100k with my dad if its peeing down. Anyone know if I can just enter on the day? Failing that, as a few mention, I can just ride along!

Dave

Top Bottom