Manchester Airport

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Cyclist33, 24 Jul 2012.

1. Cyclist33

Cyclist33 Guest

Got in at half ten after a very pleasant and perfectly paced 43 miler out to Wilmslow, took in the airfield and a few big jets roaring off the runway to heaven knows where. I also passed the other side of the airport just as a Ryanair liner hoved in to land. Would've made a great photo but alas, I missed it, and then after waiting ten minutes fruitlessly, I decided I better crack on. Wish I had stayed a while longer - as I got home in the dark anyway, it wouldn't have made any real difference.

Home straight was the run from Altrincham via Dunham Massey and Lymm - always a firm favourite with flat smooth roads and beautiful scenery.

Yay! Please stay awhile, O summer.

Stu

Melonfish likes this.
  2. Melonfish

Melonfish Evil Genius in training.

cracking place to cycle much prefer it than heading south out of warrington.

3. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

I've used that route a few times commuting from Stockport to Appleton Thorn - very pleasant.

4. ohnovino

ohnovino Large Member

I'll have to give that a go.

I ride past Liverpool airport several times a week and you get the planes coming in to land right over your head. You can even get right to the edge of the runway here.

5. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

I blasted through the tunnels monday night on the way over to Chelford- much fun!

6. Melonfish

Melonfish Evil Genius in training.

shouting Allez! Allez! Allez! ?

7. Pennine-Paul

Pennine-Paul Goth on a bike............

8. MossCommuter

MossCommuter Guru

You didn't leave an 11 year old boy behind by any chance did you?

Apparently they found one.

Cyclist33 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice