FNRttC Manchester-Blackpool 3rd September 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Hello @McWobble - Thank you - it'll be good to see you again.
Mine's due in at 2308 (I assume it'll be indicated as a train from London Euston, as I'm picking it up at MK).
I have a couple of routes, one provided further up this thread - it's only about 1.65k, and hopefully the streets won't be as mad as London streets are at that time on a Friday night.
Then again...

I'll loiter with intent around the entrance then. :smile: If you don't see me, don't wait as it will undoubtedly mean that Northern have had one of their ...issues...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Have a safe, happy ride, peeps!

robjh

Legendary Member
The curry mile in Fallowfield (?) turns out to be just the place for a pre-night ride plate of carbs

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Charlie, rob, McWobble; wanda has missed her train and the replacement gets in to Piccadilly at 23.50.
Can you wait for her and ride over to Victoria together please ?
I'll wait with the group until you arrive.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Only a few more minutes until I set off to meet up with the Chorlton(CH) not so massive.
If anything new happens while I'm en route, please post on here or send me a message on the mobile.

Wobblers

Euthermic
AndrewBr managed to take the right roads in the right order despite his Garmin deciding to throw in the towel in what proved to be a mildly eventful night. Very pleasant to see old faces and new after all this time and a special shout out to Andrew for his unflappable leadership. Tired now...

AndrewBr managed to take the right roads in the right order despite his Garmin deciding to throw in the towel in what proved to be a mildly eventful night. Very pleasant to see old faces and new after all this time and a special shout out to Andrew for his unflappable leadership. Tired now...
thanks for this post - i was starting to worry, after an extended radio silence, that you had all come to grief after some micro-climate hit on the bolton-blackburn moors, the sad remnants of your merry band only to be discovered after the snows had receded from a snow pole many seasons hence. Or that there had been an as yet unreported, pending police enquiries, incident in an Irish Sea spoons.
(from a poster who had maybe more than was wise in two local fine spoons the day before on a challenging ride)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I knew that you'd all got there OK from postings on Strava. Mildly eventful is good, certainly less eventful than the last running was! Garmin troubles? Been there, done that…

Top Bottom