Manchester -> Blackpool ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
ColinJ said:
Luke - the best value-for-money events are audaxes. Pop over to the Audax website and you should be able to find something to suit you.

Definitely agree with this. That Spring into the Dales this year was an absolute belter of a ride.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
PaulB said:
Definitely agree with this. That Spring into the Dales this year was an absolute belter of a ride.
If you liked Spring into the Dales Paul, you'll love Season of Mists. It's always the first weekend in October, is 10% shorter than SITD, but has 10% more hills crammed in! The past two years, we've had glorious weather for it. The event starts and finishes from the same mill in Hebden Bridge and has the same catering laid on. ;)

Slowwheels

Interesting that the White Rose Classic is £26 - a lot of bananas in that. It's the same for most charity events - Great North Run entry £42 - it takes a lot of money to organise these events, the main point with these type of events is that they are fun (Mmmm) mass participation and quite social. I for one will continue as they encourage raising money for charities by a lot of people who would never in a month of Sundays manage the easy route on the White Rose. I was suprised to see loads of young lads, not clad in lycra taking part. Fantastic

PaulB

Legendary Member
ColinJ said:
If you liked Spring into the Dales Paul, you'll love Season of Mists. It's always the first weekend in October, is 10% shorter than SITD, but has 10% more hills crammed in! The past two years, we've had glorious weather for it. The event starts and finishes from the same mill in Hebden Bridge and has the same catering laid on. ;)

I would mate but that's my Duathlon weekend! I do the Helwith Bridge Duathlon every year and the dates clash with the SoM but I would love to do that, especially if it's as good as the SITD. This year, I've decided I'm going to be first over 50 at HB so if I do it, maybe I'll start doing the SoM as from next year.

Top Bottom