Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Hang gliding unfortunately. Had a great 2 hour flight then cocked it up as I came into land. Arm bone snapped in two just under my shoulder, where it hit the glider. Got a trip in the air ambulance. And yes, I screamed like a baby.

Blimey Donut, the lengths some folk will go to to get out of that tricky climb out of Flint

Get well soon

si_c

Guru
Hang gliding unfortunately. Had a great 2 hour flight then cocked it up as I came into land. Arm bone snapped in two just under my shoulder, where it hit the glider. Got a trip in the air ambulance. And yes, I screamed like a baby.

Christ almighty @doughnut , don't let it ever be said that you don't like to live on the edge! Get well soon!

Wobblers

Euthermic

<Hastily edits out whinge about broken collar bone>

Ouch! Heal well.

PS: You're supposed to use a hand glider for this sort of thing, not a boat! :smile:

Freds Dad

Veteran
GWS @doughnut

I'm afraid I will also have to pull out of the full ride as we have been invited to a 50th party on the day which starts around 1pm as a garden party, although I am thinking of riding to Eureka and then getting the train back to Macclesfield. Does anyone know the best station to use to get back?

si_c

Guru
GWS @doughnut

I'm afraid I will also have to pull out of the full ride as we have been invited to a 50th party on the day which starts around 1pm as a garden party, although I am thinking of riding to Eureka and then getting the train back to Macclesfield. Does anyone know the best station to use to get back?
Chester. You'd continue the route onto the Greenway at deeside, then instead of going towards Wales, go back over the bridge. Then into Chester and you're not too far from the station. I'll make you a route if you want.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
GWS @doughnut

Good effort @Freds Dad

What with @Crackle being in charge of the weather this year, I'm sure you'll have a great time if you can make it

si_c

Guru
Chester. You'd continue the route onto the Greenway at deeside, then instead of going towards Wales, go back over the bridge. Then into Chester and you're not too far from the station. I'll make you a route if you want.
Just been thinking, going that way has the advantage you can stay with the group for a touch longer, but the quickest way to the station is this one:
https://www.strava.com/routes/12327831

You could get to Capenhurst station sooner, and get the train to chester too, but trains are around every 15 - 30 minutes, so you're almost better off just riding it.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Looks like me and t'lad are on the train back as as our chauffeur (now t'lads wife) has better things to do. The price is showing at about 15, are these likely to drop? I remember this happening last year.

si_c

Guru
Looks like me and t'lad are on the train back as as our chauffeur (now t'lads wife) has better things to do. The price is showing at about 15, are these likely to drop? I remember this happening last year.
I reckon that's about right, I know the on the day price for me is about £20 to chester.

Top Bottom