Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
One option might be to consider a train to chester the night before and stay there instead of Llandudno. Would mean reduced drinking time of course.

Or you could join @McWobble on his trip back!

The replacement bus service takes TWO HOURS!! It's forty miles!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I’ll be looking to cut my losses and get refunds/cancellations where possible. Tickets from Chester are just as expensive as from Llandudno....**** that.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I’ll be looking to cut my losses and get refunds/cancellations where possible. Tickets from Chester are just as expensive as from Llandudno....**** that.
FFS. Bought my tickets ages ago. I now find out that my £91 (!!!) ticket from Llandudno to London will include a replacement bus service to Chester. There's no information on the National Rail journey planner at all. ****!!! ****!!!
£91? I bought mine from Manc to Brighton last week for 52 quid.
Didn't you say you were taking a toy bike anyway? :whistle:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Update

So first I rang Arriva Trains Wales Customer Service. They couldn't help so someone from their head office has just called me

A long and painful conversation. Basically, unless it's a folder, you're stuffed. They will take a folder on the bus, but a non-folder is impossible. So I said "what are you proposing for those people who are stranded in Llandudno with no means to get home?" Tough, basically

I'm not going to change the date of the ride, there doesn't seem much point and folk have paid non-refundable accommodation too. If you're stopping over, you need a folder or be prepared to ride to Chester (a very flat ride, that's probably what I will do)

Unfortunately I am away on business for three weeks before the ride. I don't have time to try to organise something like a minibus or similar. Hopefully someone can offer to organise this and then it becomes a workable solution

Pain in the 'arris this

Wobblers

Euthermic

?

If you're already planning on taking a folding bike, you've not got much to lose. I'm guessing that it'd probably mean you'd have to leave Llandudno about an hour earlier. Better than losing the hotel booking?

Top Bottom