Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Dunno about closing the roads, but might be worth letting the chippy know, lest they run out of fish.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Its all gone quiet

Don't worry Mike, I'll be there...even if it's just you and me

30 Expressions and the usual attrition rate will mean about 15 on the day which is fine but will be fewer than previous editions. Hopefully some more will sign up in the coming weeks

BTW, I think the bike space reservations should have opened up by now if folk haven't booked. As I keep droning on, however, I wouldn't worry about not getting on your desired train even if the two official spaces have gone.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I'll be there on the 13th. I'm taking the car to Llandudno on the 12th and getting the train back so I have transport home after the ride. I've also booked my train ticket from Macclesfield to Manchester on the 13th and also reseved a bike space.
I just need to up my mileage so I'm ready for 100 miles but I'm sure I'll be fine

si_c

Guru
Guess it's all quiet as nothing much extra to add in just yet ^_^ I'm pretty much probably a maybe definite. Mrs C has said I'm all good, so that's my only real stumbling block, short of something unexpected showing up, well unexpectedly.

One question, how are people planning on heading back? Not decided whether I'm staying over yet, in which case I'll ride back Sunday as last year or if not, then either riding back same night or getting the train.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Guess it's all quiet as nothing much extra to add in just yet ^_^ I'm pretty much probably a maybe definite. Mrs C has said I'm all good, so that's my only real stumbling block, short of something unexpected showing up, well unexpectedly.

One question, how are people planning on heading back? Not decided whether I'm staying over yet, in which case I'll ride back Sunday as last year or if not, then either riding back same night or getting the train.

I'm stopping over (obvs) but I'm not riding back this year. It was 190km to Glossop on the Sunday and was a bit much after 160km to Llandudno on the Saturday.

So I'm going for a ride in N Wales on the Sunday morning and then train back to Manchester sometime in the afternoon

Of course if it's hosing down Sunday I'll hang out in 'Spoons with all the other reprobates and wait for my pm train

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Well I'm still in.

May have to train it back on the Saturday night, as Mrs Kes has undergone more leg surgery and is back in a cast and may not be driving by then...

Very inconsiderate of her not to be available as taxi driver... :smile:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
You'll all be pleased to know that they are demolishing Colwyn Bay pier, considerably enhancing the arrival into Rhos On sea. Rumours that Rhyl is next are simply cruel.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/demolition-colwyn-bay-pier-begins-12675464

I can't understand what you've got against Rhyl

On our ride you get the charming revetment section on the approach. Then if you're not too late you get the Bike Hut at the other end of the town.

The bit in the middle.....just point the bike in the right direction and close your eyes

I can't understand what you've got against Rhyl
Me nothing: I loved Rhyl. It was the scene of all my boyhood holibobs. It's @theclaud who's hard on Rhyl and the causes of Rhyl. Mind you, they might be knocking down the sun centre this year, so that'll make up for missing out on the burnt out pier.

Top Bottom