Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Of course Press dat in is the subject of an old Goons joke, the answer to which is, you leave dat alone. Which always used to annoy an ex colleague of mine, who had a caravan in Prestatyn. I never tired of asking him where he was going at the weekend.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
It will take a long time. Prestatyn is much nicer.
Although to be fair Alleppo is also much nicer than Rhyl, and probably safer on a Saturday night too.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Is it the thought of cycling through Rhyl that's preventing you Expressing Interest?

I may allow a slight inland diversion (but just for you, mind) if it's a dealbreaker

No it's the fact that I barely know what I'm doing next Monday, let alone in May. I'm slightly in awe of people who plan things months ahead. Either that or I hate them because they make everything expensive by the time normal people get around to buying it. I haven't ruled myself out.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
No it's the fact that I barely know what I'm doing next Monday, let alone in May. I'm slightly in awe of people who plan things months ahead. Either that or I hate them because they make everything expensive by the time normal people get around to buying it. I haven't ruled myself out.

Well I've got to go as I'm running the ride so perhaps I can be excused my Freddy Pontin "book early" ?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhvw-eeUYH8

mike3121

Maybe in subsequent years we can curtail the ride at Rhyl and enjoy its environs instead of Llandudno

That would save us from that HILL entering LLandudno

theclaud

Openly Marxist
It can be avoided with a slight detour that would take you to the other side of Llandudno, where Asda is.

Oi !!!

My ride...my route :evil::evil::evil:

:laugh:

Sorry Nick, but the genie is out of the bottle!

imag1496-jpg.86852.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have just doublechecked every climb on the hilliest variation of the route and I reckon I might just about be able to get up all of them on my singlespeed bike, provided there is not a significant headwind on the steeper ones. If I have to get off and walk it should only be for a hundred metres or so here and there.

It will be nice to have somewhere quiet and scenic to ride it for a change. I do most of my riding on it up and down the fairly busy A646 and A6033 in the local valleys.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Of course Press dat in is the subject of an old Goons joke, the answer to which is, you leave dat alone. Which always used to annoy an ex colleague of mine, who had a caravan in Prestatyn. I never tired of asking him where he was going at the weekend.

We have a Caravan in "Press that in" - OK Gronant..... just down the road..

Top Bottom