Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaykun85

ooo another one to lovely Llandudno :smile: i must say I'm gonna put my name down for this again :smile:
Not been on here in a good while

I mentioned the ride to @Littgull and he is interested but I don't think that he has said so officially yet. That 'mention' should bring him here at some point. We were discussing doing the hilly version, maybe even the hillier version from last year.

Ah yes, as @ColinJ mentioned we did discuss the Llandudno ride a few weeks ago. Apologies @nickyboy, I meant to post my intentions a while ago. Definitely very interested. I would prefer the hilly route but ok with the flatter one also. They will both be enjoyable and it will be great to do some cycling alongside the coast for those parts of it. I may ride my Brompton.

Please put me down on the list @nickyboy . If the date moves to either of the May Bank Holiday weekends I would probably be unavailable due to family commitments.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Ah yes, as @ColinJ mentioned we did discuss the Llandudno ride a few weeks ago. Apologies @nickyboy, I meant to post my intentions a while ago. Definitely very interested. I would prefer the hilly route but ok with the flatter one also. They will both be enjoyable and it will be great to do some cycling alongside the coast for those parts of it. I may ride my Brompton.

Please put me down on the list @nickyboy . If the date moves to either of the May Bank Holiday weekends I would probably be unavailable due to family commitments.

You're on the list...

The date is fixed. That's that. It's May 13.

Regarding routes there is the flatter or hillier versions. It's entirely up to each individual to decide which they prefer. The one thing I would say is that if we are unlucky enough to get a strong headwind on the day, the hillier option is much more exposed than the flatter one (I'm sure last year's participants will remember fondly slogging past the golf course up there). The two routes rejoin around Prestatyn from where it's seaside cycling at its best....sea, sand (mainly on the cyclepath), tacky amusement arcades, static caravan parks and a slight chance of a headwind as we go SW to Llandudno

You're on the list...

Regarding routes there is the flatter or hillier versions. It's entirely up to each individual to decide which they prefer. The one thing I would say is that if we are unlucky enough to get a strong headwind on the day, the hillier option is much more exposed than the flatter one (I'm sure last year's participants will remember fondly slogging past the golf course up there). The two routes rejoin around Prestatyn from where it's seaside cycling at its best....sea, sand (mainly on the cyclepath), tacky amusement arcades, static caravan parks and a slight chance of a headwind as we go SW to Llandudno

Brill, thanks for clarifying the date@nickyboy. Yes I agree,definitely the flatter route is much preferred if we get unlucky and have a strong headwind on the day. Looking forward to a good day out. As with @ColinJ we will be getting to the start in Manchester Piccadilly from Littleborough and Todmorden respectively.

mythste

Veteran
You're on the list...

Remember? I still have nightmares.

Top Bottom