Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I invited my friend for a post-birthday meal on the 14th, freeing me to ride on the 13th - I'm in! :okay:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Just been looking through last years photos and found the obligatory team photo so thought id stick it up on here
Manchester - Llandudno 2016.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
That can't be right! It looks almost sunny, did you use Photoshop? :laugh:

If I remember correctly it was very cold but sunny when we set off but by the time we got to Weaverham it was really pleasant. And for all you naysayers, we had a tailwind for the first 30 miles then a crosswind to Eureka......OK, after that it did become a slight headwind...but, being positive, that helped those cycling back more than it hindered them on the way there. Anyway @I like Skol ...got your shifts sorted?

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Ok, I have checked my Rugby League diary & lo .... no match that Saturday !

Question.

Anyone returning to the nations Capital City of Mancunia by train same day ?

I have looked upon the webby web page & getting a resounding journey not found/doesn't exist type response for Llandudno to Picc on Sat anywhere between 6 & 7 of the pm variety.

Could be a deal breaker for me as her indoors is not the friendly dragon.

KneesUp

Guru
I don't think they release tickets that far in advance do they? The latest Saturday I can find is the 15th April, when the last direct train is the 19:42, arriving Piccadilly 21:56 (and it's only £13.50) Not sure if they release tickets further in advance daily, weekly or what though!

si_c

Guru
You need to travel back from Llandudno junction, not Llandudno, if you can't find a journey, that's probably the problem.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
@si_c is on the money regarding trains. Every train going towards Manchester (some terminate in Chester and you have to change) stops at Llandudno Junction. None of them stop at Llandudno which is a little branch line connecting to Llandudno Junction

You need to book your tickets from Llandudno Junction which is about a 15 minute ride from the middle of Llandudno

Advance tickets open up either 12 or 13 weeks before, I can't remember exactly. You can also book a bike space by calling Arriva Wales. Reserved bike spaces are limited to 2 per train but don't worry if you can't get a reservation. I have never seen a cyclist denied boarding without a reservation on Arriva Wales. The staff are cyclist-friendly

Last Manchester direct train is 19.51. There are later trains than that but they require a change at Chester. Having said that, the change trains are just as quick as the direct...about 2 hours all in

Last edited:
Top Bottom