Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I don't think they release tickets that far in advance do they? The latest Saturday I can find is the 15th April, when the last direct train is the 19:42, arriving Piccadilly 21:56 (and it's only £13.50) Not sure if they release tickets further in advance daily, weekly or what though!

Cheap tickets are released 13 weeks before the date, you can set up a reminder on Trainline.com and they will email you when they are released. Apart from getting the train to Manchester on Saturday morning I can't decide whether to take the car to Llandudno on Friday with a change of clothes for saturday and get the train home, or get the train to Crewe after the ride and get my good lady to collect me. The second option has the advantage of being able to partake in alcohol. Decisions decisions.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'm considering riding over to Manchester on the Saturday morning.

Not sure if I'm staying over and riding back on the Sunday or talking Mrs Kes into picking me up...I'll have to calculate carefully which will drain the bank of browny points the most.

Cubist

Still wavin'
At the risk of appearing desperate and needy this is the ping to previous years' participants and also those on the Scarborough ride

Just a heads up about this year's edition

@middleagecyclist
@NorthernDave
@Littgull
@colly
@Julia9054
@BRounsley
@YahudaMoon
@Katherine
@Leaway2
@Jaykun85
@User13710
@Cubist
@Andrew Br
@User
@Tail End Charlie
@Pjays666
@Origamist
@pubrunner
@Ootini
Sorry Nickyboy, but I finally have a date for my hip replacement on 8 February, so count me out this year.

Julia9054

Guru
I will be living it up in Blackpool that weekend at a brass band competition!

mythste

Veteran
Just a heads up, Travel lodge rates seem to have shot up - if anyone finds any cycle friendly alternatives please let us know! I used air bnb last year which was passable but not sure I'd use the same place again.

Julia9054

Guru
Accommodation rates have shot up everywhere - even Airbnb seem to have got wise to what they can get away with charging. Especially if the property/hotel is in the middle of a city.
I wanted to crash in central Manchester this Saturday and couldn't find anywhere for under about £200.

mythste

Veteran
Also noted that this travellodge do have the option of a pull out bed being setup...

I'll take the crap bed if someone as cheap as me wants to go halves...

Top Bottom