Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doughnut

Veteran
Put me down as a maybe, I haven't been on my bike since Scarborough. As @doughnut knows had lots of work going on at my house when I got home from Scarborough, during October I had a drunken accident and damaged my arm, recoverd in time to go back to work the week before Christmas!
If I do this ride it will probably be from Eureka, or maybe join Mrs @doughnut for the last 15-20 miles
Yey! I'll need photos, full breakdown of all the work thats taken place and current stock details of the new bar to review in the pub after the ride.
Plus, most importantly - tell me it wasnt your drinking arm that got damaged.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Yey! I'll need photos, full breakdown of all the work thats taken place and current stock details of the new bar to review in the pub after the ride.

@mike3121 has to come anyway. He has an important milestone birthday late April which is one of the reasons I moved the date to May. See how accommodating I am to my "regulars"??

mike3121

There has been a delay with the bar, work commenced yesterday, it is getting plastered at the moment, the bar that is not me

It was my drinking arm but it didn't take long to teach my left arm

If Mrs @doughnut is doing the last few miles Mrs @mike3121 might join her

Wobblers

Euthermic
I'm afraid you guys will have to find a plan B ^_^

As I remember, last year you were Plan B. Which was rather lucky, as Plan C was @rich p....

mythste

Veteran
There's a big part of me that would like to do the "full" hilly route from last year again, just to see how much ive improved as a rider! It near as makes much difference broke me last time!

si_c

Guru
Going up onto the A548 is like cycling onto a motorway , for those of a nervous disposition this route onto the footpath on the opposite side may be worth look.

It's not too bad, the traffic is going faster, but I find that having the second carriageway makes it easier to pass so it actually feels safer in that regard. You have to join it further down anyway, so might as well avoid trying to cross the full width.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
It's not too bad, the traffic is going faster, but I find that having the second carriageway makes it easier to pass so it actually feels safer in that regard. You have to join it further down anyway, so might as well avoid trying to cross the full width.

There's about 0.5km of dual carriageway and then 0.5km of busy road before you get to the 30mph zone at the roundabout near Flint, after which the traffic is slow through the town

The cycle path is a fiddly route to avoid this stretch and just before the Flint roundabout you have to get across the road. It's up to each individual to have a look at this stretch on google maps and decide whether they want to use the path or stick to the road. We're all adults so I'm not going to dictate which to take

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
There's a big part of me that would like to do the "full" hilly route from last year again, just to see how much ive improved as a rider! It near as makes much difference broke me last time!

Last year's full hilly route is about 3 miles longer and hillier than this year's. You're welcome to do it if you like but don't think we're going to be hanging around waiting for you. You're on your own sunshine

Oh, and this time remember to bring your ID so you can buy beer

Top Bottom