Manchester to Blackpool 2014...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
I would`nt like to ride in Wigan,as a Leyther and very pretty good looking fella i am a target for the pies and their evil ways.:headshake::crazy:
Put blinkers on and pass through, as I do through Leigh ! Me I abstain from the pastry devil and am as equally, if not better good looking !:tongue:

davdandy

Put blinkers on and pass through, as I do through Leigh ! Me I abstain from the pastry devil and am as equally, if not better good looking !:tongue:

I very much doubt you are better looking,you see,i`m a stunner.And i too refrain from the pastry and eat nowt but lobby.:hungry:

clid61

Veteran
I very much doubt you are better looking,you see,i`m a stunner.And i too refrain from the pastry and eat nowt but lobby.:hungry:
Lobby Gobbler LOL! on a seroius note , maybe you could get a minbus/taxi from blackpool and share cost ( depending how many of you there are ) , on a less serious note , could you get one of many flights into Hag Fold international airport from Blackpool international airport ? Or even even just get a Beach donkey home , quicker journey home than your journey there !!!!!:eek::cheers::laugh::laugh:

davdandy

Hag fold international,i didn't know they where still open?:wacko:

On the serious note,i would imagine the taxi costs,even shared would be astronomical coming back to Gods little acre from Blackpool.I know most would say ride it back,but as i said earlier,i haven't done my first 100 yet,and the Blackpool return would be about 110 roughly,something i need to aim for but i don't want to kill myself doing it,at least not yet.

clid61

Veteran
Hag fold international,i didn't know they where still open?:wacko:

On the serious note,i would imagine the taxi costs,even shared would be astronomical coming back to Gods little acre from Blackpool.I know most would say ride it back,but as i said earlier,i haven't done my first 100 yet,and the Blackpool return would be about 110 roughly,something i need to aim for but i don't want to kill myself doing it,at least not yet.
Maybe ride to preston and jump on there ?

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I don't have the time to go there and back but also cant be bothered with the coaches etc.
So I am driving up to Bolton Football Ground for around 7am , parking up and its just a 2min hop over the motorway onto the route.
Bolton footy to Blackpool and back will be just over 80 miles, and its great to ride back watching the madness on the other side of the road whilst not being in it.
Plus the bonus at this moment in time is a tail wind on the return ride.

Boopop

Guru
I take it the minimum sponsorship is £100 is it.If so i have left it far too late.but next year i will defo be in.
There isn't minimum sponsorship so far as I'm aware. Or at least I hope not, I've only raised £22!

davdandy

There isn't minimum sponsorship so far as I'm aware. Or at least I hope not, I've only raised £22!

On re-checking i think you are right Boopop,i think that might have something to do with getting a coach to get back home.I know a few people who are doing it and told me that.

Boopop

Guru
Can't decide what bike to bring...would anyone trust them with a £1k bike on their van? Think I might just bring my trusty old and beaten up Triban 3 instead...

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Can't decide what bike to bring...would anyone trust them with a £1k bike on their van? Think I might just bring my trusty old and beaten up Triban 3 instead...
In a word 'NO'! Take the Triban or sort your own return trip. Can you imagine your £1k bike tossed in the truck with 30-40 BSOs piled on top? Just doesn't bear thinking about :cry:

Boopop

Guru
In a word 'NO'! Take the Triban or sort your own return trip. Can you imagine your £1k bike tossed in the truck with 30-40 BSOs piled on top? Just doesn't bear thinking about :cry:

I figured as much. Weather's naff anyway so Triban it is! Thanks :smile:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Weather forecast has improved now. Should be a dry day with sunshine for the BBQ at the finish :thumbsup:

Shame about the killer headwind though, will be hard for the less aerodynamic riders :tongue:

upload_2014-7-11_16-45-56.png

Last edited:

BinBag

...who's in?

Wasn't going to do this but my new employers have an association with it and even pay our entrance fee and organise transport to bring us home.
Will be a good chance to get to know a few people too.
Received my No and ticket the other day, quite looking forward to it now :thumbsup:

I'm doing it Potsy - look out for a Cinelli frame and Cinelli jersey. I'm told I'm not a full kit w*nker so that's good for me! Say hello won't you - we're kicking off at 8am, and I'm riding back.

Top Bottom