Manchester to Blackpool 2014...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Saw somebody with his arm in a sling being treated by the paramedics, a few numpties about but not as many as I was expecting.

Enjoyed the day, doing it with a bunch of workmates and having a bbq at the end helped :thumbsup:

Oh and I spotted a cc'er @Schneil

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
May fall into the category of Full Kit ****** as I do ride in a team sky jersey but hey I like it and as I'm not in a club yet my options for kit are limited.
Are you the FskyKW that had a clipless moment and fell onto my 11yr old son, knocking him into some poor sods car at the lights?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Just got back. Uncomfortable ride but managed to get round in more or less one piece. No problems on the bike, other than not being able to put any real power through my right leg. But couldn't manage more than a painful hobble on foot.

turbopercy

@DiddlyDodds yes mate it was me good to meet you yesterday so glad i completed it was a tough final few miles but well happy with my first charity ride and the longest ride i have done

double_dd

Über Member
I enjoyed yesterday. Only gripe is the same every year. People riding 4/5 abreast, not moving over to the left when there's space to and I even saw a guy cycling in the middle of the road with no hands. Had to tell him to move over so I could get past

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Here's some pictures from the day. My 11yr old son loved almost every minute of it and being part of the work team really kept him going.

Potsy trying to get into an aero tuck and stay on the wheel of Jnr down one of the hills :laugh:
upload_2014-7-14_10-47-15.png

We had to stop at Leyland for a quick breather....
upload_2014-7-14_10-49-22.png

Shortly after passing HMP Kirkham and still going strong.
upload_2014-7-14_10-56-13.png

Almost there and the wind really starting to take its toll now :sad:
upload_2014-7-14_11-1-13.png

But worth it for the reward at the end :thumbsup:
upload_2014-7-14_11-7-28.png
upload_2014-7-14_11-11-0.png

Just to give an idea of the wind that had developed by the afternoon here's a shot out of the coach window on the way home showing how the trees were being thrashed by the strong winds blowing from the North West.
upload_2014-7-14_11-14-6.png

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Jnr makes a crap wind-break :tongue:
Maybe, but it didn't stop you trying did it? Besides, he rode his bike to school this morning, have you been back on yours yet?

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Completed my first mcr to blackpool in 3hours 42 mins average speed of 16 is this a good time as I av not done before

Thats a decent time, the first time i did it five years ago it took me 5 hours , the second time just under 4hrs and now i do it in around 3 1/2 hours and cant see me getting quicker than that.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Are you the FskyKW that had a clipless moment and fell onto my 11yr old son, knocking him into some poor sods car at the lights?
Its this sort of nobber that puts me off doing it anymore. A few close shaves and one idiot banging down into Preston rocking side to side racing his mate who hooked my bars in his flailing rucksack strap and took me off big style. I got a sheepish apology when patching myself up after my riding pals had caught them up (once a year riders) and explained common sense to him.

andydkelly

Hi

I can assure you this wasn't me - number one reason I still have flat pedals so nothing to clip/unclip.

Did see quite a few wobbles at traffic lights and not surprised someone took a tumble...

Top Bottom