Manchester to Blackpool July 8th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Ha ha! Final preparations now. Just fixed Skol number plate to road bike so you will know it's me if I pass you. I decided to use the road bike this trip even though I prefer the security of having the hybrid with panniers loaded to cover any eventuality. Travelling light for my 130 mile marathon, if it doesn't fit in my bum bag, it isn't coming! See you all out there tomorrow, 7.30 start :thumbsup:

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
Ha ha! Final preparations now. Just fixed Skol number plate to road bike so you will know it's me if I pass you. I decided to use the road bike this trip even though I prefer the security of having the hybrid with panniers loaded to cover any eventuality. Travelling light for my 130 mile marathon, if it doesn't fit in my bum bag, it isn't coming! See you all out there tomorrow, 7.30 start :thumbsup:

How fast will you be aiming to go? we might cross paths. I don't think we've met.

DTD

Veteran
Not been 100% lately so not managed to get much riding done all year. So won't be doing it this year. Will be on a ride organised with Manchester Modernist Society instead to Jodrell Bank.
Hope everyone has a good day on the M2B.

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
Not been 100% lately so not managed to get much riding done all year. So won't be doing it this year. Will be on a ride organised with Manchester Modernist Society instead to Jodrell Bank.
Hope everyone has a good day on the M2B.

I had to Google that. I found the website, but I still don't think I know what it is:wacko:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
How fast will you be aiming to go? we might cross paths. I don't think we've met.
Not as fast as if I was only doing the 60 miles! I reckon I will probably cruise along at about 15mph ave once I get away from my colleagues, most of whom are the typical once a year charity cyclist. If I was just doing the one way I would have tried to keep the ave speed between 18-20mph but I have to keep something back for the other 70 miles :sweat:

Schneil

Veteran

Hiya Skol
I'm doing a 7am start, so if you fly past a blue wills wheels road bike and a soreen cycle jersey, that'll be me.
I'll look out for you

Steve H

Large Member
Well the sun is shining here in Blackpool. Happy with my moving average of 16.3mph. Thx for the advice to get there early and avoid the chaos. Shame the first coach back to Manchester doesn't set off until 2 hours after I arrived in Blackpool. Who wants to enter my sweepstake to guess how many burgers I can get through before I get transport back to Manchester?

Top Bottom