Manchester to Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't know how to embed a YouTube video ...
Allow me to help! :thumbsup:

Copy the URL of the YouTube video, click on the Insert Media icon above the post edit box (it looks like a slide projector screen) and paste the URL into the pop-up box which appears.

NB:
  1. You need a 'long' URL for 'Youtube.com' not the 'short' type for 'Youtu.be'. There is an option to select the long type when you click the 'share' button below the video in question on YouTube.
  2. Some videos have embedding disabled so you can't!

Allow me to help! :thumbsup:

Copy the URL of the YouTube video, click on the Insert Media icon above the post edit box (it looks like a slide projector screen) and paste the URL into the pop-up box which appears.

NB:
  1. You need a 'long' URL for 'Youtube.com' not the 'short' type for 'Youtu.be'. There is an option to select the long type when you click the 'share' button below the video in question on YouTube.
  2. Some videos have embedding disabled so you can't!

Cheers Col, I've tried before but with no success, guess I was using the 'short' type. I'll keep your instruction safe and try again next time :thumbsup:

Forgot to say, (and I've no idea why). Stopped at Howe Bridge Leisure Centre for a pee during the M2B on Sunday. Came out just in time to see some muppet pulling his BSO out the stand next to mine, catch my back wheel and promptly knock my bike over :eek:

It was one of those time stand still heart in mouth moments. I couldn't reach my bike in time to catch it and just had to watch it fall. It was like seeing a child running out into the road!

Anyway, I said, "I don't think you wanted to do that mate", to which he grunted, "Eh! What did I do?" !!!!!!! You could tell from his vacant expression that he didn't have a clue what he'd knocked over, to him it was just another BSO, feckin' philistine :cursing:

So now my poor Rhianna is sporting a graze on her top tube and a small scuff on the edge of the seat. It could have been much worse I suppose, but it should never have happened in the first place. At least the tube has not dented, which disproves what some people assume about CAAD10 tubing :whistle:

Don't know if I can touch it up due to the matt finish. Might look for a discreet sticker to cover it up with.

Lesson learned - never leave a bike alone in the presence of knobheads!

Why Rhianna?

Because she's black and she's beautiful :rolleyes:

img0705mb.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Anyway, I said, "I don't think you wanted to do that mate", to which he grunted, "Eh! What did I do?" !!!!!!! You could tell from his vacant expression that he didn't have a clue what he'd knocked over ...
That reminds me of when I was redecorating my bathroom with my (then) girlfriend ...

Me: "You just knocked the tin of paint off the step ladder and it has smashed the bath!"

Her: "No, I did not!"

Me: "Er, you did, my love!"

Her: "No, I did not!"

(She carried on painting the ceiling.)

Me: "Well when your brush runs dry, we can continue this conversation ..."

(Soon, it did and she reached down for more paint.)

Her: "What have you done with the paint?"

Me: "Let's try again ... You just knocked the tin of paint off the step ladder and it has smashed the bath!"

Her (Looks further down, freaks out): "OMG, OMG, I've smashed the bath!!!"

Me: "Oh well, never mind, it could have happened to anyone! Shall I put the kettle on?" ;)

I have found the answer to next years Manchester to Blackpool - I can get the sponcership forms from Christies - and on the same day do my own 63 miles on the Wyre where I train - I can put my own sponcership of £17 onto the form instead of to Bike Events - by doing that Christies will get £17 more - and I will miss all the riders who try and beat the time they did last year by claiming colour blindness at traffic lights in the firm belief that one day they will be in the TDF

PaulB

Legendary Member
I have found the answer to next years Manchester to Blackpool - I can get the sponcership forms from Christies - and on the same day do my own 63 miles on the Wyre where I train - I can put my own sponcership of £17 onto the form instead of to Bike Events - by doing that Christies will get £17 more - and I will miss all the riders who try and beat the time they did last year by claiming colour blindness at traffic lights in the firm belief that one day they will be in the TDF

Mad not to.

Top Bottom