Manchester to Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Next month is the annual Manchester to Blackpool ride for the masses.

Who is doing it from here at CC

and

• Are you doing it for Fun or head down for your best time
  • If time is the factor what will you be aiming for (I did it in 4hrs 50 on a Halfords mountain bike two years ago. The bike weighed just over 3 tons with tyres just a tad smaller than a JCB and the fitness level of a couch potato, so this time will be gutted if I don’t knock at least an hour of that time)

Steve H

Large Member
Just trying to convince the missus to do this ride with me. Should be there with her as long as she can get a few rides in beforehand.

Garz

Squat Member
Yes but steve...

[font="'Times New Roman"]
[/font]
  • Are you doing it for Fun or head down for your best time
  • If time is the factor what will you be aiming for (I did it in 4hrs 50 on a Halfords mountain bike two years ago. The bike weighed just over 3 tons with tyres just a tad smaller than a JCB and the fitness level of a couch potato, so this time will be gutted if I don’t knock at least an hour of that time)

thumbsup.png

Judderz

I'm doing it...along with 5 other friends, 2 of the guys have done it before, fastest they did it was 4hrs 25mins...as I've never done it before, I guess this is my aim.

Also feel free to sponsor me by clicking on my link below :smile: (you don't ask you don't get :tongue: )

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
I will be doing it for sure 3 hrs 38mins last year. It's a nice ride and it would be good to take it easy, but a friend I will probably ride with wants to do it non-stop.

eddie coffin

First time for me. Trying for something under 3.30. The route takes me past 2 relatives houses and 3 friends so the pressure is on. Damn, I hope the weather is like todays.......

I'll be there, did it in 4h 5m last year on a Ribble 7005, but I was in a better place than I am now physically! So this year will be for fun me thinks, if only as an excuse for not beating last years time :whistle:

Damn, I hope the weather is like todays.......

God I don't! Fine and dry and windless yes, but not too hot. Once I get to BP the sun can come out in all it's glory.

The wind did me at St Annes last year, that stretch along the front went on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, well you get the idea :whistle:

Then just as we turned onto the promenade it started raining. Didn't dampen the spirits though, and it helped disguise my tears as I rolled over the finish...................damn, did I just type that out loud :shy:

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
God I don't! Fine and dry and windless yes, but not too hot. Once I get to BP the sun can come out in all it's glory.

The wind did me at St Annes last year, that stretch along the front went on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, well you get the idea :whistle:

Then just as we turned onto the promenade it started raining. Didn't dampen the spirits though, and it helped disguise my tears as I rolled over the finish...................damn, did I just type that out loud :shy:

We must have finished at near enough the same time. Unless it remained a very isolated shower. The rain started just as I passed the old Pontins. Then of course, all the way home. Then a puncture less than a two miles from my house.

We must have finished at near enough the same time. Unless it remained a very isolated shower. The rain started just as I passed the old Pontins. Then of course, all the way home. Then a puncture less than a two miles from my house.

Yeah it started around that point, just as we turned onto the front after the windy stretch from St Annes.

Then you rode home too! That's too extreme for me I'm afraid, that would make it at least a century and I'm certainly not up for that at present.

We're considering riding to the start this year, so I'll still be looking at a total distance of around 75 miles :eek: Like I said though, this year the aim is fun, last year we set off like scalded cats and didn't let up until the first rest stop at Standish Golf Club. I want to take in all the sites this time, things like the unicyclists, high bike, bents etc.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I'm in

Going all out to smash my PB again tis year.

Year one

5 Hrs 11 Mins

Year 2

3 Hrs 46 Mins

This Year

I aim for under 3 hours

Globalti

Legendary Member
Don't want to tinkle on your bonfire mate but sub 3 hours for 60 miles is pretty fast for a solo rider. Possible in a disciplined chain gang though.

I did it a couple of years ago but now I've come round to the PaulB way of thinking: why pay someone to organise a ride when an OS map is much cheaper and can take you to all kinds of fascinating places without the crowds of bumbling charity riders?

Top Bottom