Manchester velodrome Sunday 4th December. STILL ON.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2old2care

Über Member
By all means come along! :thumbsup: You would be most welcome. You don't need to know any of us, some of us have only met once before anyway.

Never having ridden the track before is no problem. The coach would haul you to one side at the start for 15 mins and tell you what the score is. I think at the last track session we had:

http://www.cyclechat...pt-3pm-to-5-pm/

there were 5 or 6 first timers.
Cheers I'll start building up some brownie points :biggrin:

Judderz

Hi I'd love to join in but I've never ridden the track before, would I still be welcome, and do I need to know any of the op's to be able to join in?

BTW I've put a deposit on a 2012 Langster, does this help :biggrin:

Get yourself down, it was my first time at the last one, and I took 2 other new guys, we all had fun, and will deffo do it again.

teletext45

Unfortunatly due to university commitments i'm going to have to pull out!

I'm going to be working on a project as part of my finals so really need to put my efforts into that!

sorry about this, but please let me know about the next one

andy

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hmm, shall I drag my runner of a brother down ? I'll ask !!! He's keen to do Manchester - Blackpool next year - want's me to take him - ergh not a ride for me - too many numpties, but what the hell ! Txt sent ? Might scare the pants off him, he is 14 or so years younger than me.

fossyant

He is in - quick text... sorted. :whistle:

Think he will see how nuts us cyclists are ! :biggrin:

Fossy +1 ta.

8am on a Sunday...argh... :thumbsup: Still brownie points for being back home for the family early like !!

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Well done Fossy. You might well have saved the day.:biggrin: :thumbsup:

I haven't heard back from my extras yet despite some e mails and phone calls so I was beginning to think I might have to pull the plug on the event due to falling numbers. Your brother coming along even if my crowd can't be arsed will make the minimum numbers up to 10 assuming no one else drops out and we all turn up.
A few phone calls this weekend and I should know for sure if my lot will be along or not.

I reckon a minimum number would be 10. Apart from the cost it's a better session with more bods on the track.

I have to settle the bill 2 weeks before the event and if it looks like the numbers will be below 10 .......................maybe something in the new year would be better.

I still have a couple of people contact to see if they're interested and seeing as we are low on numbers I would appreciate everyone doing the same.

Here's hoping.

fossyant

You are g-teed us two. Me, I say, I go. My brother is the same, but in this case he is out of his comfort zone - he is up for it - I've taken him off road on his old BSO and my 10 year old son has wiped his ar$e descending the local hills - I'd really serviced my bro's bike as well.

I'll pm a couple of likely riders.... need to get Gaz on the track - if my bro will do it.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
You are g-teed us two. Me, I say, I go. My brother is the same, but in this case he is out of his comfort zone - he is up for it - I've taken him off road on his old BSO and my 10 year old son has wiped his ar$e descending the local hills - I'd really serviced my bro's bike as well.

I'll pm a couple of likely riders.... need to get Gaz on the track - if my bro will do it.

Thanks Fossy. :thumbsup:

I think we'll be ok but I know in the summer Danbo organised an event and I think all of 5 turned up. :sad: :angry:

Which really isn't on when someone has not only put themselves out but also stumped up a big wedge to get things organised.

Anyway...................................I'm an optimist. :wahhey: We'll be fine. :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
I'm a definite yes and am waiting to hear back from a +1.

Will ask on that yacf too if you like.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
I'm a definite yes and am waiting to hear back from a +1.

Will ask on that yacf too if you like.

Thanks Longers.

A few extra would be great too. :thumbsup:

9.45 .........Just had a call and it looks as if another 6 at least will be along.:biggrin: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
The bills paid and we are all set.
A couple of days before the 4th I have to send them details of names and bike sizes required. SO............I need a list of your full names and how tall you are also those of anyone you are bringing along.

If anyone decides to come along at the last minute that wouldn't be a problem.

Top Bottom