Manchester velodrome Sunday 4th December. STILL ON.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can I have 2 x 54cm bikes please. I'll have shoes, bro will be using the cleat adapters and trainers. He's slightly taller than me, but not used to road bikes at all (never mind cycling much - bloody runners), so a 54 will be fine. PS I'll PM you !!

2old2care

Über Member
Hi I think I'm ok to go. I'm 5'6, 29inch inside leg and I need a size 8 shoe. Although I've never been there before, is parking easy to find and is it secure?

ps what gear will I need?

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Hi I think I'm ok to go. I'm 5'6, 29inch inside leg and I need a size 8 shoe. Although I've never been there before, is parking easy to find and is it secure?

ps what gear will I need?

Thanks for your sizes. You will just need your usual cycling gear, shorts, top, mitts, helmet (required) and the usual showering stuff. Maybe a couple of drinks because the atmosphere is very dry. Although there are now some water coolers handy.
Lots of space to park and as secure as anywhere nowadays.

Kick off is 8am so getting there with about 30 mins to spare would be a good idea.

Where the velodrome is: http://www2.nationalcyclingcentre.com/motorway_directions.html

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
bro will be using the cleat adapters and trainers. He's slightly taller than me, but not used to road bikes at all (never mind cycling much - bloody runners) ...
I'd advise you wear two tops - e.g. base and cycling top - just in-case you come off - the track doesn't half burn :blush:
Taking into account both of those facts and factoring in the unfamiliarity of riding fixed-wheel and the track's mega-steep banking, I'd suggest that maybe your bro should ride at the back of the bunch! :whistle:

Have fun! :hello:

2old2care

Über Member
I'd advise you wear two tops - e.g. base and cycling top - just in-case you come off - the track doesn't half burn :blush:
Just watched a you tube vid of a taster session, and one fella stopped pedalling, got thrown over the handlebars sustained cuts and bruises and a broken bone in his finger!!!
Also my long sleeved top is covered with muck from this mornings ride home. Apart from that all set for tomorrow.^_^

fossyant

We are all sorted - I'm loaning my bro a choice of normal bike shorts or bibs.. he has some good running kit, but not cycling shorts... argh - said he'd need them... :eek: (cue Lisa's avatar but in red !) :laugh:

Taster sessions - argh - don't worry, and don't try and follow us lot who have been on before. :ohmy: You get a good session from the coach about riding on the track. I'll be buzzing about looking after my bro, and anyone else who would like some advice - I've been off track for 12 months, since my Op last feb...first time back.

We are a good bunch....

As far as I know we've only had one CC stack on the track.... 4F got run over by a few bikes.:thumbsup: Our group went top side over the crash, then I went too slow round the last bend - off in a flash. I'll be wearing that top tomorrow- both elbows burnt out, and patched. :rolleyes:

It's good fun.

fossyant

The rear ! Ahem... As you drive/ride over the bridge after Asda, turn right into that car park. It's changed massively (car parks) in the last 12 months with the new BMX stuff, but you go in via the "back" for bikes. The front is locked !

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
As far as I know we've only had one CC stack on the track.... 4F got run over by a few bikes..

I remember that. :ohmy: ^_^

Funny......not seen 4F since. Mind you he would have to travel from Felixstow or somewhere like that.

Top Bottom