England : Leicestershire Market Bosworth to Breedon on the Hill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'd recommend going up Greysitch Lane....I seem to remember @Lilliburlero agreeing with me it's a nice road! ;)

That maybe, but it doesn't get me the square

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Any chance of tweaking the route to grab the square top right of these four, the route goes through the other three, even if it is just to go up Brook Street and back?
View attachment 375968
We are going down Greysitch lane from Repton so we could do a veloviewer detour up brook Street and back . There seems to be a road around the reservoir at the top of square to the sailing club then back the Repton rd . Does anyone more local know if the road which follows the reservoir edge is a public road and ridable . After the Ventoux ride I'm reluctant to plot roads I'm not sure of

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
We are going down Greysitch lane from Repton so we could do a veloviewer detour up brook Street and back . There seems to be a road around the reservoir at the top of square to the sailing club then back the Repton rd . Does anyone more local know if the road which follows the reservoir edge is a public road and ridable . After the Ventoux ride I'm reluctant to plot roads I'm not sure of

Google haven't been down the sailing club road and it isn't marked as a right of way on OS mapping, I couldn't see any gates on google maps though :tongue:

Hi all! :hello:

Couldn’t help but notice this thread as the route is local to me (Hugglescote nr Coalville). I have ridden some if not most of these roads as I live pretty much smack bang between Bosworth and Breedon. The Charnwood hills around Markfield/Copt Oak and Whitwick are always a great ride and I have also had the pleasure of Greysich as well! (For those who are interested there is a strava segment on this called Five Shades of Grey) I’d be very interested in joining this ride myself if that would be ok, although I am on call Saturday the 21st so it would be dependent on me not being called out in the night!

Cheers!:sun:

Top Bottom