England : Leicestershire Market Bosworth to Breedon on the Hill

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by 13 rider, 17 Sep 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    13 rider

13 rider Veteran

Great ride in great company . Well done @Chris Doyle todays was a tough ride with the wind and hills . I promise the next forum ride will not be that hilly

Chris Doyle and Lilliburlero like this.
  2. Chris Doyle

Chris Doyle Consistently Inconsistent Über Member

Great ride today, nice to meet @Supersuperleeds @Lilliburlero @13 rider @tallliman thoroughly enjoyed it even if I was blowing more than the wind! Look forward to the next one!!

3. tallliman

tallliman Über Member

Glad everyone enjoyed it! @Chris Doyle, don't worry....it was a pretty tough day to be out!

Lilliburlero and Chris Doyle like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    13 rider

13 rider Veteran

I just looked at my relive thingy and my max heart rate wasn't going up Greysich it was into Peckleton chasing and passing @Supersuperleeds and trying to look like I wasn't trying :laugh: as I caught him by surprise

Lilliburlero and Chris Doyle like this.
  5. Chris Doyle

Chris Doyle Consistently Inconsistent Über Member

It was indeed, but it was a great route! Just what I needed....

13 rider likes this.
  6. cyberknight

cyberknight Legendary Member

Glad it went well, planning to do a club ride tomorrow weather and family permitting, shoulder isnt right but its the best ts been for a long time.

dave r likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    13 rider

13 rider Veteran

It was a tough hilly ride maybe to soon for you . Enjoy your ride tomorrow Mercia cc where also at Beth's last week

cyberknight and dave r like this.
  8. cyberknight

Well apart from the physio gym work im getting a physio lady , young enough to be my daughter ie 29 to bend my bits so its not all bad , and on works time too !

13 rider likes this.
  9. cyberknight

And having to ride my subway for commuting atm is doing wonders for a work out even if its slower .

13 rider likes this.
  10. Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero Wilier ftw

Was introduced to a really nice cafe on Sunday called Book Farm Cafe. it`s on Astley Lane near Astley, a few miles NW of Bedworth. Very nice inside with a lovely log burner to keep you warm on those colder days. Didnt see any bacon, but the cakes and service were fantastic. It doesnt look like any of you have visited, although @13 rider as been close to it on one of his rides. Maybe you guys would fancy it on one of our meet ups? The cafe is at the end of the tail on my strava link https://www.strava.com/activities/1272103195/segments/31442019371

And this is a pic of the place from Sunday`s ride
    nc3_2JWW1ckKqt3jaN79o2kd5O7Regr8ZluYL80lzEE-2048x1536.jpg

Chris Doyle and dave r like this.
  11. tallliman

tallliman Über Member

That looks nice! Definitely a good way from home for us but it's definitely achievable.

@13 rider, add it to the list! Plenty of new squares that way.

12. Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero Wilier ftw

I reckon its around 13/14 miles from Market Bosworth.

13. OP
    OP
    13 rider

13 rider Veteran

Added to cafe list :okay:

14. tallliman

tallliman Über Member

So 30 miles from home. Guess I'm just used to riding 30 miles in most directions but not south west so it feels further. I blame the hills.

15. OP
    OP
    13 rider

13 rider Veteran

It will mean climbing the ridge the otherwise of Atherstone bit like the cliff in Lincolnshire . How was the climb out of Baddersley Ensor @Lilliburlero

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice