England : Leicestershire Market Harborough meet up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
If we want to stay on-road, from Naseby, we can use a mile or so of the A508 to Kelmarsh and then Arthingworth for tarmac back to Gt Oxendon..

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
If we want to stay on-road, from Naseby, we can use a mile or so of the A508 to Kelmarsh and then Arthingworth for tarmac back to Gt Oxendon..
Sounds ok how busy is the A508 on a Sat dinner time

I've noticed that rather than use the old railway track, the cafe appears accessible from the A road nearby. No harm in us splitting for a couple of miles if needs be!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Yes you can get too it of the A508 trying to look on Google Street view to check the state of the long drive . A may ride out before to check anyway looks like staying on road is the most popular

PeteXXX

Yep, the Waterloo is accessible from the A508.
I'll go with the flow, and can meet you at the Waterloo, via the old railway, then we all do some tarmac and I'll head back home one way or another.

PeteXXX

IMG_1751.JPG

This is the sign and access as seen from Mkt Harborough direction. Watch out for the vicious kerbing!!

IMG_1750.JPG

That's the Cafe at the far end. As @pclay says, no probs with the road surface.
Traffic wasn't too bad today, but I wouldn't fancy the 508 on a weekday!
It's only a few minutes ride to the right turn to East Farndon and quieter roads.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
View attachment 354427

This is the sign and access as seen from Mkt Harborough direction. Watch out for the vicious kerbing!!

View attachment 354426

That's the Cafe at the far end. As @pclay says, no probs with the road surface.
Traffic wasn't too bad today, but I wouldn't fancy the 508 on a weekday!
It's only a few minutes ride to the right turn to East Farndon and quieter roads.
Thanks for that @PeteXXX . Not planned the loop yet think Great oxendon way ,short as possible on A508

PeteXXX

No probs. I can suggest a 20 mile(ish) loop on quieter lanes from there if you want?

PeteXXX

IMG_2072.JPG

This is the surface on the Brampton Valley Way... Not good for road bikes. OK on my CX though :okay:
Best using the A508, as already mentioned. I rode it today from Gt Oxendon to the Waterloo entrance, and it wasn't too bad.
I've sorted a nice little loop of about 19 miles.
Shall I post the gpx or would you like it to be a surprise? ;)

Top Bottom