England : Leicestershire Market Harborough meet up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
That may be an error :whistle:

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
If I may make a suggestion....

1. Just beyond 24 mile mark, continue straight ahead along Bowden Lane, instead of heading right along Thorpe Langton Road. Rejoin in Great Bowden (just beyond 28 mile mark). Its a single track road, with virtually no traffic (occasional dog walkers, and a couple of fishers @ the lake).

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
If I may make a suggestion....

1. Just beyond 24 mile mark, continue straight ahead along Bowden Lane, instead of heading right along Thorpe Langton Road. Rejoin in Great Bowden (just beyond 28 mile mark). Its a single track road, with virtually no traffic (occasional dog walkers, and a couple of fishers @ the lake).
Thanks for the suggestion I rode that road on a reccee a few weeks ago and found the surface very poor loose gravel etc
Intrigued how you know the route?

If you are flagging we can shorten the run back to Kirby. I've changed the route ever so slightly to take in a fishing pond to show @13 rider. (Okay it's to get an awkward square :tongue:)

If we need to we can also divert to North Kilworth for a cafe stop before Ullesthorpe.

Thanks, aiming to have an easy week even if it means missing the Strava challenge for miles in the month.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Thanks for the suggestion I rode that road on a reccee a few weeks ago and found the surface very poor loose gravel etc
Intrigued how you know the route?

I lived in MH for 20 odd years. I doubt there are many roads or bridleways within a 25 mile radius I havent ridden. I moved from there to Edinburgh back in 2005. Perhaps the surface has worsened since that time?

If I were in the area visiting family, I would certainly be tagging along with you. :smile:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
If the Waterloo cafe stop is too early in the ride for you chaps, we could meet at Gt Oxendon X-roads and the partake of a brew after our loop?
I'm easy either way though.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
If the Waterloo cafe stop is too early in the ride for you chaps, we could meet at Gt Oxendon X-roads and the partake of a brew after our loop?
I'm easy either way though.

I presumed we were meeting at the cafe but not stopping at the cafe until after your loop? If so we will all be on or over 50 miles so it will be fine. We've got another one planned in for the way back as well if we need it. (which we will, we like cafes :cuppa::hungry:)

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I lived in MH for 20 odd years. I doubt there are many roads or bridleways within a 25 mile radius I havent ridden. I moved from there to Edinburgh back in 2005. Perhaps the surface has worsened since that time?

If I were in the area visiting family, I would certainly be tagging along with you. :smile:

Set off now and you'd get here in time ^_^

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I presumed we were meeting at the cafe but not stopping at the cafe until after your loop? If so we will all be on or over 50 miles so it will be fine. We've got another one planned in for the way back as well if we need it. (which we will, we like cafes :cuppa::hungry:)
Yep, fine by me. Meet there first, the brew after my loop.
May I reiterate my warning about the kerbing from the main road onto the cafe access. Take care, it's vicious!!!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru

That will explain it then . Because the road has no traffic the loose gravel does not get cleared and the small bridge which blocks the traffic has a viscous step off it

Only 9 new squares before we meet @PeteXXX....I was hoping for more!

With regard the stops, I'll be at about 40miles at the meet so may bring some nibbles to get me to 60 and the stop proper!

Top Bottom