England : Leicestershire Market Harborough meet up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Guys i am sorry but i am out due to family commitments , hope you have a good ride

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
To perfect the @13 rider technique, you also need to brake suddenly for no apparent reason and forget to indicate for junctions......:laugh:

To be fair to him, the sudden braking was for a pee stop, though twice in five minutes :whistle:

To get the complete @13 rider set you also need to take the route down some gravelly tracks and not tell anyone until they are turning on them that they might need to slow down.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
View attachment 357276

This is the surface on the Brampton Valley Way... Not good for road bikes. OK on my CX though :okay:
Best using the A508, as already mentioned. I rode it today from Gt Oxendon to the Waterloo entrance, and it wasn't too bad.
I've sorted a nice little loop of about 19 miles.
Shall I post the gpx or would you like it to be a surprise? ;)

We like surprises, also means we don't have to navigate so can sit at the back out of the wind way

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
@ 13 rider - any thoughts on meeting time, I'm assuming we'll still meet at Cossington? Also how far is the leg to the Cafe? - just need to work out how much extra I need to do.

@PeteXXX - I'm working on the basis your route is 20 miles and we won't be going through the tunnels?

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
@ 13 rider - any thoughts on meeting time, I'm assuming we'll still meet at Cossington? Also how far is the leg to the Cafe? - just need to work out how much extra I need to do.

@PeteXXX - I'm working on the basis your route is 20 miles and we won't be going through the tunnels?
Probably Cossington for 0800 . 33 miles to Harborough so there for 1015 1030 . As we are stopping early will we require a 2nd stop on the return leg Thinking garden centre Ullesthorpe Will firm everything up by Thursday next week

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@Supersuperleeds Nope, no tunnels, all 'on road' and no more than 20 miles.
I can be there any time you decide, especially now I have the rear wheel bearings fixed on my CX.

Looking forward to meeting up, chaps :smile:

I can think of easier ways of identifying which of us is which :smile:

Cossington at 8 sounds good to me. Min 9 miles to there + 33 + 20 gives me almost a metric century before we leave the territory and a guaranteed ton by the time I'm home. Just hope the general fatigue I've been feeling is gone by then!

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
If you are flagging we can shorten the run back to Kirby. I've changed the route ever so slightly to take in a fishing pond to show @13 rider. (Okay it's to get an awkward square :tongue:)

If we need to we can also divert to North Kilworth for a cafe stop before Ullesthorpe.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
@13 rider since you haven't shared the route the following may be a total waste but the main road from Queniborough to Barsby has been closed all week. Also if going through Billesdon towards Gaulby the road coming out of Billedon has just been redressed, it is rideable but might be slow for half a mile or so. ( I know an easy diversion for this one)

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
The Queniborough road not an issue were not going on it and Hopefully the Billesdon rd has another week to settle in or we can use your bypass . I will try to figure out how to post a link off ridewithgps GPS .

Top Bottom