Marmalade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yup, the rinding's definitely on the wall for this thread!

longers

Legendary Member
Golly, I'm surprised it's still going.

twentysix by twentyfive: I'm not really after some by post but thanks for the offer, just pop a jar behind the front wall when you're passing. Ta.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Hilldodger said:
As a Professor of Marmology I suggest anyone making their own marmalade send me a few jars for evaluation.

Grapefruit is my favorite.

Ta.

Grapefruit is my favourite as well. May I join in the evaluation process?

Mrs Darlington of this County makes grapefruit marmalade and sells it in a local shop. If she is too busy to make enough, I fall back, as it were, on Mr Duerrs.

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I've yet to test it :blush: Unless you count scraping out the jam pan as a test. ;)

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
thank you for the offer - you have PM.

You've not tested it? Are you waiting for it to 'mellow out' in flavour?

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
twentysix by twentyfive said:
Today I have been brewing up my Sevilles and generating some special Marmalade. ;) ;)

Off to do another batch in a minute. :smile: :ohmy:

<Homer> Mmmmmm Mmmaaarmmmmaaaalaaade <Homer/>

You should have told me last week, I could have brought some back from Sevilla, the trees were laden with the blighters this weekend.

Frank Cooper's Original is my favourite

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
25x26, just bumping this thread. I was going to make some home made marmalade as yours was so delicious! However the Seville orange season has now sadly finished!!

What are the alternatives? Standard oranges with some grapefruit? What do people suggest?

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Yep - try some lemon. Be careful tho' that you get the rind to soften. I've made lemon in the past and the rind seemed to harden for some reason. But as said above mix and match your citrus. Lemon and Lime :tongue:

Top Bottom