.Marquees in pub gardens.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
In terms of epidemiological considerations, I wouldn't have thought one enclosed structure is any different to another one.

What is the craic with cash for marquees?

Slick

Guru
In terms of epidemiological considerations, I wouldn't have thought one enclosed structure is any different to another one.

What is the craic with cash for marquees?
I priced a very basic marquee to carry out covid testing and it came in around £1200 plus vat and about 180 per week after that for 15m long and 8m wide including water weights.

Brains

Legendary Member
Marquees don't need to have 4 walls (or even any walls)

No one ever called a marquee 'cosy', the air throughput with even a gentle breeze is good enough to be outside, but at least you don't get wet if it rains.

Next question: If you smoke in a marquee, are you inside or outside ?

Chislenko

Veteran
I think I'll wait until the pubs open properly, we've waited this long another month won't kill us.

A lot of pubs with outside space are apparently fully booked for "opening day" What happens if it pi--es down!

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Is it just another way to wriggle round the rules?
It's not 'wriggling around the rules' ..... if those are the rules. :rolleyes:
Marquees will be a lot more airey than being sat inside a bar.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It's not 'wriggling around the rules' ..... if those are the rules. :rolleyes:
Marquees will be a lot more airey than being sat inside a bar.
True. Do the rules state that the sides have to be up so it's more like a gazebo. If not, judging by the sauna like marquees I've been in, it'd be safer to reopen the air conditioned pubs..

Julia9054

Guru
I think I'll wait until the pubs open properly, we've waited this long another month won't kill us.

A lot of pubs with outside space are apparently fully booked for "opening day" What happens if it pi--es down!
For me, the whole point of going to the pub (now that I no longer have small children) is that it is spontaneous. Not interested if I have to pre plan sitting in a beer garden. I've got used to not going to the pub so I'll probably be waiting too

For me, the whole point of going to the pub (now that I no longer have small children) is that it is spontaneous. Not interested if I have to pre plan sitting in a beer garden. I've got used to not going to the pub so I'll probably be waiting too
why do you have to preplan?
Fair chance I will be in a beergarden when those open.
And almost certainly inside a pub on May 17.

Chislenko

Veteran
why do you have to preplan?
Fair chance I will be in a beergarden when those open.
And almost certainly inside a pub on May 17.

The preplan is in relation to lots of people reserving a table at said beer gardens. A lot apparently are fully booked for re-opening.

I am with Julia, I go to the pub when I feel like it.

The preplan is in relation to lots of people reserving a table at said beer gardens. A lot apparently are fully booked for re-opening.

I am with Julia, I go to the pub when I feel like it.
i have several spoons near me - all excellent in their own ways - I seem to recall that they announced that they wouldn't be doing a booking system - very sensible in my view - the world these days is full of selfish gits who reserve and then don't turn up.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm teetotal but still enjoy the atmosphere (if you can find a one with some) of a pub and pub garden.

Top Bottom