Marzocchi or Rock Shox?

?

• Marzocchi DropOff

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Rock Shox Domain

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biise07

Hi! I've got a Kony Stinky with a "Marzocchi DropOff". I'm just about to change the DropOff to a "Rock Shox Domain 318IS 1.5".
Which is the best? :rolleyes:

What does it say about them on mtbr.com?

Marzocchi used to be loads better than Rock Shox but now there's very little in it.

e-rider

crappy member
I agree; marzocchi used to be much better but rock shox have improved a lot recently and marzocchi have gone down hill a little since moving production to the far east. I had 2 faulty pairs of marzocchi forks last year, the 3rd pair were OK though!

Cyclista

The main thing about the Marzocchi's is the weight, if you can put up with that then the performance of them is very good indeed, however having made a similar transition last year (DJ'3 to Pikes) and having ridden a number of forks in both ranges I would say the RockShox are the better perfoming fork.

U

User482

numbnuts said:
why no Pace forks

They are not made any more! DT Swiss bought the rights, and their design is very similar, albeit at a significant cost...

OP
OP
B

Biise07

Kirstie said:
What does it say about them on mtbr.com?

Marzocchi used to be loads better than Rock Shox but now there's very little in it.

I see, so it doesn't matter if I have a Rock shox or a Marzocchi?

OP
OP
B

Biise07

Please vote :-)

U

User482

numbnuts said:
oh no I hope I can still get spares for them

You can indeed. I've just had my Pace RC41s serviced with new seals all round.

OP
OP
B

Biise07

tundragumski said:
If the vote was one year ago I would have said Marzocchi BUT now I think it's 50:50 - your call!

Okay, good to know! If you had a Marzocchi DropOff and you wanted to do some X-ups, would you change it to a rock shox? Or would it be unnecessary?

otherself

Fully lugged in.
For the high-end 'entry level' fork models, Marzocchi always for me, though that was a few years ago (2005) when I compared. My 2005 MX Bomber Comps have required very little service.

Top Bottom