Mastectomy recovery time....how long DO YOU think it is.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Hope the op goes OK and your wife makes a quick recovery.

byegad

Legendary Member
Hope she's soon back on form. Lady Byegad has had a lump a couple of times. Luckily 'just' cysts which are drained with a long needle!😯

Zanelad

Guru
Good luck to you both. Mrs Z had a lumpectomy about a year ago. I found the hardest element to deal with was the emotional side. The physical side of caring for her was no problem. However, her emotions were all over the place. She'd burst into tears seemingly without reason. All I could offer were hugs and reassurances. It gets better with time, but I felt useless at times being unable to do much. I guess it one hasn't had to face having cancer oneself it's hard to fully understand the fears. Just be there for her, sometimes it's all that is needed.

stephec

Legendary Member
Hope she's soon back on form. Lady Byegad has had a lump a couple of times. Luckily 'just' cysts which are drained with a long needle!😯
That's similar to Mrs Stephec, last Monday we were at the breast cancer centre in Wythenshawe Hospital after she received a letter saying that she needed further tests following a routine screening, luckily it was all clear, and a big well done to the NHS on this, it was less than a week of waiting from the letter to the appointment.

All the best to Mrs Dave, hope she's on the mend very soon.

12boy

Guru
My wife was referred to a surgeon that acted as if there were no risks whatsover with an implant. A few months later she fixed dinner and then began feeling chill. I made her go to the emergency room where they diagnosed an exploding staph infection and wound up removing the implant. After months of feeling ill and extremely stout antibiotics she got past it but was seriously weakened by the infection. Had she known of the risk she would not have had the implant. If she wants one that is fine, but it is good to know it can be dangerous so an informed choice can be made. If I had not bullied her to go to the hospital, a few hours delay would have killed her. Best wishes for Mrs D.

Top Bottom