Max speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not for me thanks riden in Ireland and Canada you are welcome to mainland Europe.
Ireland is Europe.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Most of the 'American' 20mph ebikes are rebadged generic Chinese.

Thus if the UK limit was raised to 20mph, what would happen is existing UK based importers of Chinese ebikes would import the faster models.

Some do already.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

they were knocking you for thinking having similar ebkie cutoff speeds would help Boris sign a trade deal with the US, which is fanciful bollox.

back on planet earth, the best we could hope for is Biden letting us in of the existing US CAn mexico trade deal, regardless of our ebike legislation.
Not interested in the Politics just from a business point of view it would be easier.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes I know some one said you need insurance and your bike has to have a number plate in either Eire or Northern Ireland but I had no.problems .
And I can see us ending up with it here too if people continue to take the pith with illegally fast ebikes.

Its bad enough that they do it, but most of them then go and boast about it in ouvlic on internet forums and Faecesberk, which will be about the first places parliamentary researchers will look if justification for turning the screw on us is ever under considerstion.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Strange when I posted about having the same speed as American bikes everyone was knocking me now everyone is boasting how fast they have been.

These are peak speeds, attained briefly. They are not sustainable in the way electrically assisted speeds are.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Strange when I posted about having the same speed as American bikes everyone was knocking me now everyone is boasting how fast they have been.

When I hit 34 mph on the flat. My overall average was 11 mph for the ride. As explained these are brief bursts of speed. Not sustainable ones as would be the case with assist.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
If you were a America business trying to export your bikes it would be easier to do .
The bikes are exported direct to the UK from where they are manufactured in the far east, not shipped to America and then re-exported here - American businesses don't seem to have a problem at the moment with the different settings as the only thing needed is a software change before the bike leaves Asia.

Also 15mph is a good speed for most non-assisted bikes ridden by 'average' riders, so why would you want to go faster?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Biker man

The bikes are exported direct to the UK from where they are manufactured in the far east, not shipped to America and then re-exported here - American businesses don't seem to have a problem at the moment with the different settings as the only thing needed is a software change before the bike leaves Asia.

Also 15mph is a good speed for most non-assisted bikes ridden by 'average' riders, so why would you want to go faster?
A lot of people do want more speed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom