Max speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

Biker man

Pedal a bit harder.
🚴🚴🚴🚴 Strange thing is you can do 60mph if you pedal that fast and be legal

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
🚴🚴🚴🚴 Strange thing is you can do 60mph if you pedal that fast and be legal

Which I've done downhill, but wouldn't recommend it on anything other than a good race bike.

The 20 mph limit is probably getting into the realms of powered transport, so MOT and insurance. It's takes a significant amount more power to go from 15 mph to 20 mph on a normal bike.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Which I've done downhill, but wouldn't recommend it on anything other than a good race bike.

The 20 mph limit is probably getting into the realms of powered transport, so MOT and insurance. It's takes a significant amount more power to go from 15 mph to 20 mph on a normal bike.
You have done sixty on a bike I have 34 and thought if I hit a pot hole I am dead.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

I've hit 57 mph on four wheels and pedal power.
With the wind behind you.

classic33

Leg End Member
With the wind behind you.
Slight crosswind actually.
Strange when I posted about having the same speed as American bikes everyone was knocking me now everyone is boasting how fast they have been.
There's a big difference to doing the same speed aided by a battery and motor, and under your own power.
It's where the e-assist comes from, there to assist, not be the sole means of motive power.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Slight crosswind actually.

There's a big difference to doing the same speed aided by a battery and motor, and under your own power.
It's where the e-assist comes from, there to assist, not be the sole means of motive power.
Well you are using gravity to assist you.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Strange when I posted about having the same speed as American bikes everyone was knocking me now everyone is boasting how fast they have been.
they were knocking you for thinking having similar ebkie cutoff speeds would help Boris sign a trade deal with the US, which is fanciful bollox.

back on planet earth, the best we could hope for is Biden letting us in of the existing US CAn mexico trade deal, regardless of our ebike legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom