Max Speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twozeronine

If it has been maintained properly then there is absolutely no reason why it should just fall apart.

Hehe, I suppose I was being a bit facetious with that first question. I guess you'd only have to be realisticly concerned about things coming loose if you were flying down a hill paved in cobble stones or something. :smile:

Only about 32mph for me. I don't think I'd have the balls to go some of the speeds posted here. Even at 32mph, irrational thoughts start popping up like "what if my front wheel suddenly falls off". :tongue:

I wouldn't worry about the front wheel according to the local kids (in fact kids anywhere) it the back wheel that is a problem, 'Hey Mista your back wheel is going round' (like we haven't heard it a hundred times before :rolleyes: )

Russell Allen

I saw 65 kph on the Garmin speedo this weekend on the "Essex Roads Sping Lambs" sportive.....and they say there are no proper hills in Essex. I look forward to getting to a hilly part of the country and see what can be acheived with a good long gradient. That was on a Bianchi Via Nirone and felt stable and solid, more to come when the chance arrives for sure.

Russell

OP
OP
Tollers

Tollers

Guru
As i'm currently based in the US&A, my lawyers have advised me to add the following statement to this thread....

Tollers accepts no liabilty for injury, death or other issues arising from or related to this thread. Liabilities limited by the preceding sentence include, without limitations, or liability for negligence. Tollers cannot be held liable for any consequential, indirect, special, incidental or punitive damages, regardless of the form of action, whether in an agreement, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the damages were foreseeable.

Some of these speeds are...intimidating!

I hit just under 25mph on a downhill today, I was petrified!

I've just found I can do 25mph on almost flat roads. How long I can keep it up for is another matter.

Generally on this topic - Being 6'3" is a disadvantage going up hill but definitely an plus coming down as I soon begin to pass people. 42mph max down hill so far on alu bike and expect to easily do 45 at some point soon, on a similar hill on my new and first carbon bike - so much smoother and quicker and easier handling.

NotFabian

EACC
36.6mph yesterday on a wee country road. Was pi**ing myself thinking what if a car comes out from a driveway/lane.

:eek:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I hit 53mph coming down a hill with a tailwind in Lanzarote a couple of weeks ago.

I empathise with the thoughts of wheels falling off though!

First thought, 'thank god this bike is a quality, well built brand, well looked after with fully functioning kit'.

Second thought 'sh1t! It might be all those things but I put the thing together. This morning.'

Fire Mountain ?

Me and a mate came down there at 50-55mph overtaking cars. You do think "christ if I come off, all that lave rock does look rather sharp" :wacko:

No worries about bits of the bike falling off, It's bits of me falling off I'm more worried about, max speed 44.15 mph..........on fixed
eek2.gif

46 down a 1 in 10 which I had just ridden up. Normally it's a 35mph downhill but that day there was a hooly blowing and it picked me up. Despite trying I never got that speed on that hill again.

Top Bottom