May I request...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
theclaud said:
Fair enough Shaun. When I made the request I probably underestimated the amount of editing mods do. I've only had a handful of posts edited so I thought it was an occasional thing.

And yes, the post was essentially a dig at Linf, who is essentially a troll (albeit a loveable one). I would encourage people to donate to the DEC, but certainly not by asking, on a forum of highly variable incomes, how much people had given. Which is why I didn't like the post as it stood, as an endorsement of the OP. The dig at Linf was mean, but the issue of the gap between pledged donations and actual ones, between talking and action, is a serious issue, and the thread was in P&L. Heat of the kitchen and all that! I realise that I'm an edit pedant, and whatever Jeltz might think I generally choose my words carefully.

And now a bit off ass-kissing. I stumbled into Room 101 this morning (can't remember why) and found a few threads without which the rest of the forum will certainly be a better place. Nipped in the bud, as it were. Excellent work!

If the images of any disaster has touched me, it is that of this unfolding in Haiti :evil: . The people there will need help for many months/years to come, and waiting another week or so in the grand scheme for my contribution will make very little difference realistically to their plight given the resonse from the major aid agencies who are rallying together.
Given I am supporting a family (and now also a Grandchild), My pipeline has existing pressing demands so I already have more than my own personal and selfish needs to attend to on the back of the seasonal break and all that it entails. Your comments were uncharitable and mean spirited.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
very-near said:
If the images of any disaster has touched me, it is that of this unfolding in Haiti :biggrin: . The people there will need help for many months/years to come, and waiting another week or so in the grand scheme for my contribution will make very little difference realistically to their plight given the resonse from the major aid agencies who are rallying together.
Given I am supporting a family (and now also a Grandchild), My pipeline has existing pressing demands so I already have more than my own personal and selfish needs to attend to on the back of the seasonal break and all that it entails. Your comments were uncharitable and mean spirited.

I've admitted it was mean. I didn't mean to imply that you had no intention of donating, and if that was how it came across, I am sorry. I thought you meant that you hadn't got around to it, not that you were hard-up. What with it being the Disasters Emergency Commitee, and all -procrastination seemed a bit inappropriate...

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
very-near said:
If the images of any disaster has touched me, it is that of this unfolding in Haiti :ohmy: . The people there will need help for many months/years to come, and waiting another week or so in the grand scheme for my contribution will make very little difference realistically to their plight given the resonse from the major aid agencies who are rallying together.

I've admitted it was mean. I didn't mean to imply that you had no intention of donating, and if that was how it came across, I am sorry. I thought you meant that you hadn't got around to it, not that you were hard-up. What with it being the Disasters Emergency Commitee, and all -procrastination seemed a bit inappropriate...

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
very-near said:
If the images of any disaster has touched me, it is that of this unfolding in Haiti :evil: . The people there will need help for many months/years to come, and waiting another week or so in the grand scheme for my contribution will make very little difference realistically to their plight given the resonse from the major aid agencies who are rallying together.

Shaun

Founder
Claudine has made her apologies, and no-one is pressing you for information about your donation / or otherwise, and I'm sure everyone would agree that that is, of course, entirely your private business anyway.

I'm going to close this thread now as I'm satisfied the matter is resolved.

Thanks,
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Claudine has made her apologies, and no-one is pressing you for information about your donation / or otherwise, and I'm sure everyone would agree that that is, of course, entirely your private business anyway.

Thanks,
Shaun

Shaun

Founder

Thanks,
Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom