Maybe time for an upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

junkie_ball

So i have a Cannondale Synaspe Cardon Disc with ultegra Di2 2016 model. I've had the bike just about a year and really enjoying it and thinking what upgrades i could do this year. The obvious choice is the wheel-set as that is probably the cheapest components on the bike. Would you guys suggest this upgrade and if so any particular wheel-set or indeed any other upgrades? Not sure on budget yet but possibly £500ish (far cheaper if i can find a decent set). Current wheel set is Mavic Aksium Disc.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would ask you what you think is wrong with what you have and what you want to achieve though swapping out perfectly good components.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Stick with Mavic's, The ksyrium are a nice wheel.:okay:
And no you don't need an excuse to upgrade, if you want them buy them. It makes you feel good to upgrade just cause you can.:smile::smile::smile:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Not if it doesn't achieve anything it's not.
It's all about the feel good factor,you feel good you go faster,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
Why do you have to achieve anything on a upgrade?

I'm asking what his intention is in order to be able to recommend a product. Little point me recommending something super light and filled with helium if he's after something more durable, for example.

Aside from which, its not an 'upgrade' if one is not looking to improve upon some aspect of the item - if that were the case it simply becomes a change.

OP
OP
junkie_ball

junkie_ball

Thinking upgrade of the wheel set but mainly aimed at claiming (can't bet slugging up long claims. ;)) but definitely not a carbon set as too many pot holes where i live so wheel set would still need to be fairly durable.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
A wheel for climbing. 1000W should do it.

d8e10e8d59.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Thinking upgrade of the wheel set but mainly aimed at claiming (can't bet slugging up long claims. ;)) but definitely not a carbon set as too many pot holes where i live so wheel set would still need to be fairly durable.
Claiming? Or climbing which makes more sense in a cycling context

If you really want new wheels, which are durable, talk to a wheel builder about handbuilts

Of if you like slogging (slugging??) get yourself a nice SS with the £500 ;)

Top Bottom