Mayonnaise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A vote for Heinz mayo. Not as sweet/bland as (yuk) Hellman's.
One of my favourite ways to consume mayo, works with pretty much any brand, is when it's mixed with chopped raw onions, stronger the better.

+ on Heniz and +++ on chopped raw onions. Its a killer combo.

Always have a mayo bottle plus other sauces. Other sauces get used frequently but for some reason Mayo is last real hope when else fails the taste buds.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Success!! I finally made my own mayonnaise. It is yellow and it has taste. No stopping me now and goodbye industrial rubbish.

Attachments

• 20221007_113604.jpg
    20221007_113604.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 2

presta

Guru
I'm considering giving up with mayonnaise because it's too difficult to buy in quantities I can use up within date.
Great, I thought, I'll make my own......until I read this recipe. Half measures contain ~1160 calories, and needs using in two days! I don't think so.

Hellmans is godawful. It's SWEET ffs!!! :wacko:

+1 for the Polish mayonnaise - though I plump for the Kielecki version with the green lid on the jar. Winiary is the Polish version of a big brand, whereas the Kielecki mayonnaise is made by a small co-operative.

The standard 'real' Hellmans definitely has sugar in it, even here in the UK. Mind you so do the 'real' Heinz, Sainsbury's own brand and Aldi's own brand. Not much - but it's enough (for me) to move the flavour from savoury or neutral to off-sweet.

Top Bottom