Me head is wrecked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jags

Guru
Well trying to pick a good quality Ebike next to impossible.im 67 cycling most of life 6000miles a year but due to lower back problems I'm off the bike 6years now.anyhow what I'm after is a bike that looks like a bike no suspension forks ,straight bars great battery ,good midrive motor go up hills like a motorbike max budget 2000 euro I'm an old age pensioner so that's a hell of a lot of money for me,besides I told the wife a good bike will only cost me 200 .so am I wasting my time or have you guys a bike your totally happy with.

Well trying to pick a good quality Ebike next to impossible.im 67 cycling most of life 6000miles a year but due to lower back problems I'm off the bike 6years now.anyhow what I'm after is a bike that looks like a bike no suspension forks ,straight bars great battery ,good midrive motor go up hills like a motorbike max budget 2000 euro I'm an old age pensioner so that's a hell of a lot of money for me,besides I told the wife a good bike will only cost me 200 .so am I wasting my time or have you guys a bike your totally happy with.
I'm on the same quest and people have suggested bikes but none quite fit what I'm after.
Let us know how you get on.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
I got lucky. My eBike was an anniversay present, and I can't really fault it at all for the use to which I put it. Only 1100 quid too. I think Mrs D did a lot of reasearch before getting my wallet out.

It meets all your criteria, apart from being rear hub drive. Nevertheless, it hauls my 19 stone lardarse of rippling muscles up hills with aplomb.
what is it delighted it worked out for you.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
the guys i used to cycle with all bought ebikes Bianchi 6000 and reise n muller 6500 mind you there all loaded so can well afford to spend that kinda money lol.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
i like that emm more than likely out of my price range ah well .
i always had top end bikes Thorn
Bianchi
Look
Raleigh
Terry Dolan
to name but a few so don't want to buy a donkey just for the sake of owning an ebike.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
Roughly where are you ?
Maybe the Forumites can locate potential test rides.
im in ireland and the halfords store in my town closed down,im in no big hurry im just window shopping at the moment.with this covid i cant travel outside 5km lockdown this past 3 weeks.

classic33

Leg End Member
Might sound daft, but are the same bikes any cheaper on the other side of the border?

If you're close enough to be able to do this.

gbb

Legendary Member
You may find the 6000 miles annually, about what I used to do until health problems virtually stopped me in my tracks a few years ago...may not be attainable or even desirable by yourself now. I ride an ebike now after 2 years off then found I really struggled to increase strength again after that lay off, which led to a drop in motivation ..you cant do what you did when you were 40, well not all of it anyway. Now I just go for a ride, no stress on myself, as often as I feel the need...and I don't go far anymore. But I do enjoy what I do now, which isn't a patch mileage wise on what I used to do so it's not pointless, even if it's one ride a week.

But If you have no underlying health problems, that probably doesn't apply.

I have a Carerra Crossfire E,, cost me £1k 3000 miles on it, still functions well but I do sense the battery doesn't give the mileage it used to, its dropping off in its capacity I think. And they're heavy (the bikes as a whole) A Bosch system might well hold up better over time, maybe not. Itd also be interesting to see if the Suntour systems on Carerras have solved the irritating cut out issue.

Top Bottom