Measurement on a Marin frame, need a conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

I've seen another bike for sale with a 17 1/2" frame (Marin Fairfax) which I quite fancy.

My Giant OCR1 has a 54cm frame and was arrived at with a lot of shopping around for the best fit, how close are the two in size for rider fit ?

Thanks in advance

LLB

Hi LLB

I dont have first hand experience of either bike but both come in four sizes and are compacts. The numbers are probably indicative rather than actual 17.5" is a medium, as is 54cm. Bit samey though , flat bar road bike and drop bar raod bike , why have both?

OP
OP
L

LLB

I prefer the upright position more than hanging off the bars, but I want a lightweight bike like the giant. Its not worth changing the setup on the bars on the roadie for the cost involved.

One went on Ebay for £190 last night, I'll keep my eyes open for another one, but I've looked at the fairfax, and its either that or a trek with this setup.

I've got an Marin MTB with a 17.5 inch frame, and a Giant OCR road bike with a Medium frame. I ended up getting a shorter stem for each of them, but other than that, they both fit fine. I'm 5'8".

Top Bottom