Measurement on a Marin frame, need a conversion

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by LLB, 15 Aug 2007.

1. LLB

LLB Guest

I've seen another bike for sale with a 17 1/2" frame (Marin Fairfax) which I quite fancy.

My Giant OCR1 has a 54cm frame and was arrived at with a lot of shopping around for the best fit, how close are the two in size for rider fit ?

Thanks in advance

LLB

2. starseven

starseven Guest

Hi LLB

I dont have first hand experience of either bike but both come in four sizes and are compacts. The numbers are probably indicative rather than actual 17.5" is a medium, as is 54cm. Bit samey though , flat bar road bike and drop bar raod bike , why have both?

3. OP
    OP
    LLB

LLB Guest

I prefer the upright position more than hanging off the bars, but I want a lightweight bike like the giant. Its not worth changing the setup on the bars on the roadie for the cost involved.

One went on Ebay for £190 last night, I'll keep my eyes open for another one, but I've looked at the fairfax, and its either that or a trek with this setup.

4. Stick on a Giant

Stick on a Giant New Member

I've got an Marin MTB with a 17.5 inch frame, and a Giant OCR road bike with a Medium frame. I ended up getting a shorter stem for each of them, but other than that, they both fit fine. I'm 5'8".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice