Meet Bruce!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't have a lot of faith in vets at the moment after one relieved me of £2000 and failed to spot that Lemmy had cancer, which a different vet diagnosed within half an hour. That is now subject to a complaint, not that I'm expecting it will get very far.

Aye, at the first sign of trouble we try and get him outside, and hes outside as much as possible during the day. When he does the deed outside we praise him to the skies.

However, we cant monitor him continuously and hes already learned to poop on the mats, which over time move ever closer to the back door.

We take up his water at about 8pm so hes not guzzling all night and weeing everywhere (quite safe overnight, just so long as it goes straight back down early am), and the one poo he did last night was on a puppy mat, which earned him more praise.

Another quiet night. He's figured out the dog bed next to the human bed is for him, and is happily spending all night there. The only slight downside is that if I get up to point Percy at the porcelain he thinks its morning and gets excited, but he soon quietens foen and goes back to his bed when i flop back into my own.

Im starting to get a gauge on his character now. I don't think he'll be quite as ebullient as Lemmy was, hes a calmer character all round, but he loves human contact and attention as much as any good lab.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
He likes his grub. A typical lab food vacuum cleaner!
IMG_20210920_074922_416.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Mini D walked to school - I wanted to take Bruce so he gets used to the sights and noises. Its too far for him to walk yet, and he doesnt ge jabbed until next week so I carried him there and back

I get home, feet up with a brew and the Daily Star and he's up on my lap...

...and 60 seconds later he's snoring!

This is terrible news as I now cannot move until he wakes up :okay:

keithmac

Guru
Looks like Bruce has settled in very well!.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Thanks team.

He had another good night. He went the whole night, and only stirred when I got up for a wazz myself.

He's now well and truly used to the idea that his bed is where he spends the night, and he did 2 wee wees in the night on his puppy mats, so hes a quick learner. I'll give it a few more days until he's well and truly used to the idea of puppy mats being the lavatory then I'll slowly start edging them towards the back door.

Im cuttently sat at the breakfast bar having an oaty bar and a coffee, but Bruce is on the sofa fast asleep with a very satisfied expression on his fizzog.

Last edited:
Top Bottom