Meeting fellow cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
TBH i have been slow starting this year and only got very few miles in, check my signature! this is due to weather, health/injuries and time issues :sad: but i reckon i am just about to get into full swing! :biggrin:
i have met a ridden with 4 members off here, 2 of them only once (i would happily ride with them again just not got the chance/time yet) and the other 2 twice. all friendly and just genuine great cyclists, a credit to the sport :smile:
EDIT: met 5, ridden with 4. stayed with one for about a week and a half, a great experience
Cheers Ed

simon.r

Person
Self confessed loner here. Very happy that way too. I just prefer to go at my own pace and stop when I want to. Oh, and I'm a miserable sod too ^_^

Pretty much my attitude as well. I've done a few forum (MTB and Motorbike) rides in the past and while it was nice to meet people I'm happier on my own.

BigAl68

Über Member
I have never seen an informal ride for the Bristol/Bath ccers. Saying that most of us are commuters and I tend to ride on my own or with a good friend on weekend rides. It does seem a pity there isn't more rides or social events. It would be nice to put a face to the username

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Did I get an invite?
...Just hung a round wondering whether you would be passing by.. It is quite nice seeing the places that the regulars post about. You are lucky to have some nice local sights and canal paths etc. Wouldn't have minded a ride round there if I'd had the time, but I was on my way home from the West coast.

andyfraser

Über Member
TBH i have been slow starting this year and only got very few miles in, check my signature! this is due to weather, health/injuries and time issues :sad: but i reckon i am just about to get into full swing! :biggrin:
i have met a ridden with 4 members off here, 2 of them only once (i would happily ride with them again just not got the chance/time yet) and the other 2 twice. all friendly and just genuine great cyclists, a credit to the sport :smile:
EDIT: met 5, ridden with 4. stayed with one for about a week and a half, a great experience
Cheers Ed
How do you get injuries? When I was your age I used to bounce. I fell out of trees, off of bikes, off of walls. Now I only have to think of falling and bones break.

young Ed

Veteran
I have never seen an informal ride for the Bristol/Bath ccers. Saying that most of us are commuters and I tend to ride on my own or with a good friend on weekend rides. It does seem a pity there isn't more rides or social events. It would be nice to put a face to the username
it's easy post a thread you self saying anyone in the bath/bristol area want to meet for a ride of roughly this distance and roughly these dates might get half a dozen respond but only get to ride with 1, happened to me and i don't mind
or keep a mental note of those with there location set as round this area and send out a pm including all those people, i've done that too
Cheers Ed

ScotiaLass

Guru
...Just hung a round wondering whether you would be passing by.. It is quite nice seeing the places that the regulars post about. You are lucky to have some nice local sights and canal paths etc. Wouldn't have minded a ride round there if I'd had the time, but I was on my way home from the West coast.
Ah see, if you had actually asked me to meet you I would have popped by :smile:
Next time you're in the area give me a shout! More than happy to show you around :smile:

BigAl68

Über Member
it's easy post a thread you self saying anyone in the bath/bristol area want to meet for a ride of roughly this distance and roughly these dates might get half a dozen respond but only get to ride with 1, happened to me and i don't mind
or keep a mental note of those with there location set as round this area and send out a pm including all those people, i've done that too
Cheers Ed

I am sure a few of us see each other from time to time, possibly not in the morning as I am a stupid o'clock starter. If I knew what anyone looked like it would help. Maybe we need to have a badge to pin on our jerseys lol

young Ed

Veteran
How do you get injuries? When I was your age I used to bounce. I fell out of trees, off of bikes, off of walls. Now I only have to think of falling and bones break.
god knows, i find they can involve anything from hard concrete to bl**dy hard steel tractor steps! :rolleyes:
also with hyper mobility where i have extra long ligaments so i sprain things really easily i find at times i will end up with several sprains a week and not have a clue how i did them! and i'm a stupid bugger so i keep trying to go running as i do love running and after no more than a mile or so i end up with 2 sprained ankles and dodgy knees!
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I am sure a few of us see each other from time to time, possibly not in the morning as I am a stupid o'clock starter. If I knew what anyone looked like it would help. Maybe we need to have a badge to pin on our jerseys lol
make it mandatory to wear a CC jersey :smile:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom