Meeting fellow cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I always wear my CC jersey on organised rides; not seen another one yet though.
I've been a member for over a year and I still haven't seen anyone mentioning how they got hold of them!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
The RSPB has around 1 million members. My sister in law used to be fairly senior on the magazine. Only a small % of members were active bird watchers and the RSPB liked it that way. Their nightmare scenario was all the members deciding to go to a reserve all at the same time!

Could we muster up a 30,000+ people informal ride?

wxbull

I'm out on my own 90% of rides, as I like to combine it with a couple of pub/food stops, and a football match a lot of the time. Am off to Lanzarote with my brother in June though, so I wont be on my own there.

BigAl68

Über Member
The last few were randomly raffled a few months ago. I would love one as you can't even have enough jerseys

Predominant arguments for not riding with others
Loner - [I was told by someone once that most members of forums are shy introverted loners in real life]
Prefer to ride alone - see above
Grumpy git - see above
Not fast enough - how do you know?

This is not going well :sad:.

potsy

Rambler
Met many good people over the years I've been on here (and totallyfixed)

Even though I have semi-retired from all cycling forum rides I am still in touch with a few of them away from here, one even helped me to get a job last year when I got made redundant :hugs:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
There haven't been many rides around here in the informal rides section recently but quite a few of us meet up via pm etc. Maybe some of us should arrange more open rides as they always seem well subscribed around Manchester. It is much easier hooking up with people you have ridden with before though. You know roughly how fast and far they like to ride and how they ride in a group.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
:hello:

:okay:

I spend most of my riding time alone but I do actually like riding with my fellow CycleChatters - well over 100 now (though I have lost count of the exact number). That even includes the pre-retirement @potsy! (Maybe it was something I said ...? :whistle:)

If any of you fancy coming along on one of my forum rides, keep your eyes open and come on down (or up)!

PS The next one is fast approaching - my signature link below will be advertising it for another week or so.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I'm just quite a misery really...can't wait to get away from people most of the time...I'll occasionally bump into people on my rides to and from work though and the occasional moments are more than fine...a quick hello and I'm off...plus I've got young kids so weekend rides are out for now...suppose I might cheer up and have more time at some point in the future.

Top Bottom