Memorials and bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cleary Garden city of London, nice little space created from a bomb site.

I haven't a damn clue why it's there - a quick wiki shows that that Japanese town disappeared/was merged soon after the sign went up promoting its memory to folks looking for a sit down who had doubtless never heard of it in the first place.

So if you ever fancied going to Yatsuka, you've missed the boat.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The battle of Naesby monument earlier today

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Also posted in the interesting tree thread..

MBIFO a commemorative plaque for the wedding of HRH Prince Charles to Lady Diana Spencer..
The tree looks a bit dead, too!

I'd actually stopped for a pee behind the tree but when I saw the stone, I thought it a tad disrespectful...

😏

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Following on from @PeteXXX royal wedding stone which I have found.

A memorial brick on a local housing estate.

And then this one

South East London.
Sort of thing you only ever really get to see on a bike - or walking - noticed a young couple pausing to look at it so pulled over.

Lots of V1s and V2s landed in south east London - you can see them all marked on special maps at the London Metropolitan Archives in Clerkenwell. Freely available to visitors in big map drawers. V1s and V2s are separately indicated.
Supposedly it was partly because the Brits were sending back false range-finding intelligence through turned spies - so many fell short of the centre.

edit - maps went online a while ago - there used to be an android app but I think that may have lapsed, or maybe my android became too old for it.
http://bombsight.org/#16/51.4943/-0.0881

Last edited:
Top Bottom