Memorials and bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A plaque on the back of the Spit and Gob just below the Wellingborough market place in memory of the people killed during the ww2 bombing of Wellingborough .

IMG_20190512_111816302.jpg
IMG_20190512_111824263.jpg

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
One from the Isle of Lewis. The plaque commemorates the locals of the islands that hid and protected Bonnie Prince Charlie from the British Government forces after the failed Jacobite rebellion
20151004_121402.jpg

Here's today's effort while pootling through Bolton.

View attachment 466607
Reminds me of the one in clitheroe.

I think there was a localish pattern of that type.

Clitheroe one in a sort of enclosed garden in the castle grounds. We ran riot through those as kids on elaborate extended games but I think we considered that bit hallowed ground.

@Blue Hills
I popped into Kingsthorpe cemetery this morning looking for Violet...

It's a very big place to check!

View attachment 466949

Would this notice by the entrance help narrow it down?

View attachment 466948

There doesn't appear to be an office, or anyone official there to ask.
I'll do a return visit when I have more time to meander around.

:smile:

Looks like the race is on between you and @biggs682 to pay a cyclists' homage to the good woman.

Wouldn't rate your chances of anyone being able to point you at it - i find folk can very often be very incurious.

Rarely take pics these days but this thread has inspired me to maybe start snapping again.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Blue Hills
I popped into Kingsthorpe cemetery this morning looking for Violet...

It's a very big place to check!

View attachment 466949

Would this notice by the entrance help narrow it down?

View attachment 466948

There doesn't appear to be an office, or anyone official there to ask.
I'll do a return visit when I have more time to meander around.

:smile:

@PeteXXX i e mailed them but had no response and like you said it's a fair size plot
I was planning on popping in over the weekend again for a better look but if you are on the case and more local i might well leave it to you

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@PeteXXX i e mailed them but had no response and like you said it's a fair size plot
I was planning on popping in over the weekend again for a better look but if you are on the case and more local i might well leave it to you
When we're you thinking of heading there?

go chaps - with a team effort and planned strategy you are surely sure to find it?

Doing some bike travelling soon - will try to add one to the thread - for bikes are of course ideal for this sort of hunting.

Top Bottom