Men making dinner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Recipe pls!
https://www.koreanbapsang.com/dak-doritang-korean-spicy-chicken-stew/

I did the slow cooker version of this. However I did what 99.9% of Korean people do and bought the sauce ready made

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
At least when you cook something yourself you know exactly what went into it, :angel:

Not entirely true.

Drunken boys’ freshwater game fishing trip in my 20s. (Africa) The cottage we were staying in had Peter’s Epaulette bats (I think) flying round the house catching the insects attracted the the electric lights. Occasionally one would collide with a ceiling fan.

One night I was cook and unknown to us a bat must’ve come to it's demise in this manner. Just we never knew because it went straight into the stew. And I served it up whole to my mate.

Ex mate :blush:

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Did it manage to mask the taste of that awful Brewdog stuff?
The good news it was Vocation Brewery Life and Death. The Brewdog glass was just handy. The bitterness of the beer went quite well with the sweet and spicy flavours of the meal.

I made a mistake with the meal in that the spring onions should have been added as a garnish at the end. I stuck them in an hour before so they ended up well cooked. Ah well, I only used half the sauce so I'll have another go

Slioch

Guru
I do a fair amount of the cooking, most of the time working from my limited stock of tried and tested dishes, but tomorrow night I'm going out on a limb and I'm going to have a stab at making Chicken Rob Roy for the first time.

I think I may have set myself up to fail however, because Mrs S' favourite meal ever of all time without question was the Chicken Rob Roy served to her in the Stein Inn on Skye, and her level of expectation of most things in life is pretty high. Wish me luck!

Chicken Rob Roy for the uninitiated is chicken breast stuffed with haggis, served in a whisky-cream sauce (I've got a 10 year old Talisker on stand-by). The trimmings will be mashed neeps, tatties and carrots.

Top Bottom