Men making dinner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This morning I'm making Dakdoritang in the slow cooker. A spicy Korean chicken stew. Mrs N is going out for breakfast with her Mum

Wish me luck....
You'll never get rid of the smell.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think my sarirical take on the 'unjust sexism' of men making dinner day may have been misinterpreted, by the Mods.

Ah well, The Patriachy was never going to be dismantled in a day.

As an explanation the deleted post was a parody of all the jibes that are often chucked at women when they take issue with an issue, and the subsequent belittlling of themselves, and their appearance, that can often occur.

Some folks got it and appreciated it.

Others, clearly not so much :whistle:

Edit... BTW There are still many places, and spaces, on the Internet (and elsewhere) where a woman sticking up for herself, can be instructed by some idiot* to go and make a him a sandwich.

Or far worse..

Just sayin (as they say)

* for the avoidance of doubt, this is not hilarious..

Last edited:

Moderators

Legendary Member
I think my sarirical take on the 'unjust sexism' of men making dinner day may have been misinterpreted, by the Mods.

Mod Note:
The CC mods team (consisting in an equal number of females/ males) would like to remind posters that, from the forum rules and guidelines:
if you feel a moderator has made a mistake, do not start a thread or post about it on the public forums, instead use the Contact Us form to send a polite query to the moderator team.
Thank you.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm going to modify last night's risotto so that the chicken liver percentage is radically reduced. I can't pretend that I'm being a heroic provider for the other members of the tribe. They are eating lavish meals elsewhere.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I’ve been cooking since I was ten years old, I was trained as chef, for the first four years of my working life and I do most of the cooking today, always have. Unlike a lot of posters here though, I do not enjoy cooking ( unless I’m making jam, for some reason I find jam making very satisfying ) . If I had the money I’d eat out every night.

What’s my point? I’m not sure I have one.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I’ve been cooking since I was ten years old, I was trained as chef, for the first four years of my working life and I do most of the cooking today, always have. Unlike a lot of posters here though, I do not enjoy it cooking ( unless I’m making jam, for some reason I find jam making very satisfying ) . If I had the money I’d eat out every night.

What’s my point? I’m not sure I have one.
At least when you cook something yourself you know exactly what went into it, :angel:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Boom....Dakdoritang

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern

As an explanation the deleted post was a parody of all the jibes that are often chucked at women when they take issue with an issue, and the subsequent belittlling of themselves, and their appearance, that can often occur.

Some folks got it and appreciated it.

Others, clearly not so much :whistle:

Edit... BTW There are still many places, and spaces, on the Internet (and elsewhere) where a woman sticking up for herself, can be instructed by some idiot* to go and make a him a sandwich.

Or far worse..

Just sayin (as they say)

* for the avoidance of doubt, this is not hilarious..
To be honest I think a few folk seem to have misconstrued the tone of my OP, and have not read, or are ignoring, post #2.

So you cooked a meal? Well done you.

Top Bottom