Men making dinner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
@winjim, while I'm sure your post is (hopefully) mostly tongue-in-cheek, it is still insulting to both sides in a modern relationship and reveals a prehistoric attitude to women and equality. This is exactly the kind of shoot that has held back women's rights, pay and promotion prospects for too long.
It's not funny and even a chest thumping, macho neanderthal like me shares the daily responsibilities with my partner based on ability and workload rather than outdated views on gender roles. This kind of thing belongs in the dustbin of history along with racism and homophobia!
To be fair to the organisers, they do acknowledge that a lot of men do a lot of cooking, so it does seem like a genuinely well-meaning attempt to encourage those members of the male gender who wouldn't normally consider it, to get into the kitchen. Which I guess is a good thing.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Oi! What about men like me* who make ALL the dinners then eh?

* Edit-including @dave r and @PeteXXX and errrr others....
I cook all the meals at ours too, Maz does a bit of baking as a hobby now she's retired.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
@winjim, while I'm sure your post is (hopefully) mostly tongue-in-cheek, it is still insulting to both sides in a modern relationship and reveals a prehistoric attitude to women and equality. This is exactly the kind of shoot that has held back women's rights, pay and promotion prospects for too long.
It's not funny and even a chest thumping, macho neanderthal like me shares the daily responsibilities with my partner based on ability and workload rather than outdated views on gender roles. This kind of thing belongs in the dustbin of history along with racism and homophobia!

Well these attitudes do totally belong in the dustbin of history yes.

But they're still out there - i know plenty of women holding down jobs, and then performing far more than their fair share of the emotional and physical labour of domestic life too.

Sure there may be some guys doing that somewhere - I've just not come across them - yet.

And yes a few guys expecting a medal for cleaning the bathroom, or doing childcare..

I thought this post was satire dragged up from early last century as well, but we mustn't imagine that this kind of attitude isn't still common in many places.

Please tell me there isn't seriously a "National Men Make Dinner" day is there ??

But annoying as it is, it may focus a few minds on the matter.

And just for the record - chores are shared as equally as possible in our household too.

Oh - and "wifey" ??? :blink:

Levo-Lon

Guru
National men cook day, ffs i blame their mummies :laugh:

I cook nearly every day, as i work 8-4.
Wife works 9-5.
I like cooking, nothing adventurous as my wife is a faddy as hell.. Plain and boring tastes.
Me i have to pepper up and add flavour after as a rule.

But she will eat Italian so not a total loss.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's time to let wifey have a little break, she's probably earned it. Maybe she can do some of the other things she enjoys, like looking after the kids or cleaning the bathroom like she's always going on about. Yes, it's the first Thursday in November so it's national men make dinner day*. Let's get cooking, lads, and give the little lady some time off. Here's ten reasons to get involved.
View attachment 492060

*Not this nation, obvs. Same sex / non traditional couples, I'm afraid I have no idea how you're supposed to approach this.

https://www.menmakedinnerday.com/home/index.php

Stereotypical sheite !

God if it was a 'make women do the ironing day' there would be World War 3.

I do all the cooking, washing up, hoovering, cat litter cleaning etc. etc. blooming etc.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
National men cook day, ffs i blame their mummies :laugh:

I cook nearly every day, as i work 8-4.
Wife works 9-5.
I like cooking, nothing adventurous as my wife is a faddy as hell.. Plain and boring tastes.
Me i have to pepper up and add flavour after as a rule.

But she will eat Italian so not a total loss.

Why not blame the daddies for the poor role modelling, tho?

Maybe they were the ones

'not stepping up to the plate'??

To coin a phrase :rolleyes:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It's time to let wifey have a little break, she's probably earned it. Maybe she can do some of the other things she enjoys, like looking after the kids or cleaning the bathroom like she's always going on about. Yes, it's the first Thursday in November so it's national men make dinner day*. Let's get cooking, lads, and give the little lady some time off. Here's ten reasons to get involved.

*Not this nation, obvs. Same sex / non traditional couples, I'm afraid I have no idea how you're supposed to approach this.

https://www.menmakedinnerday.com/home/index.php

@Fab Foodie
Am I the only person to misread that link as mennakeddinnerday? 🤔

:smooch:

Top Bottom