Men making dinner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Just made carrot and corriander soup. should be ready in about 10 mins, There will be a bowl wating for wifey when she walks in the door.:okay:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
The patriarchy are so close to extinction. Dead dodo extinction. What’s left of the detritus will either die of starvation or drown in their own misery. How in 2019 does misogyny still exist amongst so called intelligent creatures.

I have a couple of stories to back this shock-horror reaction up. Bite me ^_^

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
What is this "ironing" of which you speak ??
I think it's something women do. :whistle::whistle::laugh::laugh:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The patriarchy are so close to extinction. Dead dodo extinction. What’s left of the detritus will either die of starvation or drown in their own misery. How in 2019 does misogyny still exist amongst so called intelligent creatures.

I have a couple of stories to back this shock-horror reaction up. Bite me ^_^

Oh I wish..

The bit about dead dodos, etc.

Look at some of the current crop of world leaders, politicians, and media pundits, for example - Yukk

Some of them have truly terrible attitudes towards women.

And their supporters go "Yeah so what??"

Others, I fear, actually approve those same positions.

And even take inspiration from them.

There's still lots of horrible attitudes towards women, out there.

Clearly, the pages of Cycle Chat are a veritable shrine, to the upholding of women's rights, and equality in all their shapes, and forms, and manners.

I mean, why else would I hang out here ??

But there are still some truly dreadful places, spaces, and attitudes in existence.

Them dinosaurs aren't going away so very quietly.

I make the breakfasts, I'm a dab hand at porridge and toast, and lunchtime sandwiches. I also wash all the dishes.

My wife, however, cooks 95% of the evening meals. This is entirely her choice as she is a brilliant cook who actually likes it. She's one of the old school who did 'O' level cookery, before it became home economics, and can make a good meal out of scraps, and every time I do get to cook a main meal she is on my shoulder, supervising. I am allowed to chop the vegetables.

It works for us. A few years back she was in hospital for a year and I must admit my cooking was not wonderful. I lived for that year on salads, omelettes, and stews, because I could cook a large one and make it last three days. I also did all the cooking for a couple of months until she got back on her feet and then she insisted on taking over again.

There is nothing wrong with division of labour in a house, as long as all parties want it and no-one is being put upon, and equality is not a statistical exercise in doing every single thing equally.

Top Bottom