MEN Website First Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
corry Went online hoping for some news about trains trams etc . What a load of crap, Insensed Corry watchers bleating over some shoot . How Man U and Man City are dealing with shoot . Who the hell pays people to publish this crap ?
Surprised no hatchet job on Northern could be found as popularism and what is annoying locals is what sells local rags although they can go too far as the Harrogate Advertiser found out tweeting a video of the still muddy Stray as a result of the UCI spectator arrangements, the week after the attacks in London. A local paper doing proper investigative journalism is as rare as rocking horse droppings.

Either these are distress signals or the mods should rename this The Word Soup Thread.

Mike_P

Guru
How did the Advertiser go 'too far' in tweeting a vid of a muddy field?

Just curious.
It was the heading to the video, the actual wording I forget but it brought a torrent of comments referring to other matters including the London attacks as being far more serious than some grass needing to grow. Needless to say the matter has not been raised by them to date.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
Cant believe the bile they spew ! Anyway im home now in my slippers , cardigan , hot cocoa and some copies of early 90s Viz . Monkey Spunk :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm guessing the OP is an attempt at a critical appraisal of the Manchester Evening News website, known colloquially as MEN.
I used to buy the MEN when I lived in Salford as a student in the 1980s. These days they give it away!
The internet has denied them the cover price revenue, meaning less resources available to invest in the product.
It isn't just the internet - there are free copies of the Metro available at most bus and railway stations. It would be hard to sell a paper to commuters when they can pick up one for nothing.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It was the heading to the video, the actual wording I forget but it brought a torrent of comments referring to other matters including the London attacks as being far more serious than some grass needing to grow. Needless to say the matter has not been raised by them to date.

Sounds like a typical well-to-do small town story.

There will be some residents of Harrogate who regard the condition of the Stray as more important than the London attacks.

Some kickback against the world cycling championships, as you know.

The Advertiser will want to represent the views of all residents, apart from extremist bordering on illegal nutters - if there are any.

Top Bottom