Merry christmas ! What was your christmas day ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bhitucyclist

I was hoping to do a longish ride ! But even my hybrid tyres got a puncture today. Am i riding in a way that is causing more punctures! Vexed ! But it was fun to ride in my elf gear ! Got a lot of Merry christmas shouts. How was your ride ? A lot more cars on the roads than expected

Attachments

• 601BFDBE-2F76-4546-BB98-FDB8274A5E39.jpeg
    601BFDBE-2F76-4546-BB98-FDB8274A5E39.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 15

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Damp with a few floods. About 1.5 hours and fairly quiet morning ride with my wife.

99EA8B46-EDAD-48D6-BBD5-BD1621C17176.jpeg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Merry Christmas right back at you 🎄🎄🎄

I tried to get the kids out for a little bimble early on but there was not much enthusiasm for that so I let it go. Well done to you though and great outfit :okay:

Tyres don't look underinflated in your picture so punctures might just be bad luck?

It does look like your saddle could do with going up a bit though.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I was hoping to do a longish ride ! But even my hybrid tyres got a puncture today. Am i riding in a way that is causing more punctures! Vexed ! But it was fun to ride in my elf gear ! Got a lot of Merry christmas shouts. How was your ride ? A lot more cars on the roads than expected

Just try not to ride in the gutter, too close to the edge of the road. That’s often where puncture causing objects reside.

I had a Santa hat on but didn’t get a picture.

vickster

Legendary Member
I cycled to Kingston and back to meet a friend for coffee (only Starbucks open unfortunately). About 15 miles, roads were pretty empty at 9.30 when I left, much busier at 11 coming back. Nice that there were no buses, and that there was no chance of the level crossing being down!

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Damp with a few floods. About 1.5 hours and fairly quiet morning ride with my wife.

View attachment 623582
The weather was so cold and quite windy too

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

I cycled to Kingston and back to meet a friend for coffee (only Starbucks open unfortunately). About 15 miles, roads were pretty empty at 9.30 when I left, much busier at 11 coming back. Nice that there were no buses, and that there was no chance of the level crossing being down!
Yes no buses so was much easier roads. But why were so many people in cars - either they should eat and lie comatose at home or be on the bike ! Ha ha ha

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Merry Christmas right back at you 🎄🎄🎄

I tried to get the kids out for a little bimble early on but there was not much enthusiasm for that so I let it go. Well done to you though and great outfit :okay:

Tyres don't look underinflated in your picture so punctures might just be bad luck?

It does look like your saddle could do with going up a bit though.
Yes i guess it was bad luck - yes i think i can raise it a bit will try it tomorrow. Will take it to halfords to replace tyres

Top Bottom