Merry christmas ! What was your christmas day ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes next i need to invest on an indoor bike
Nah, it’ll be spring soon :okay:

Tribansman

Veteran
Strong reco from the ride captain - continental gatorskins
I'd avoid gator skins. Had issues with them, poor grip and welded to rims (could only get off by cutting). For a road tyre with decent puncture protection that won't break the bank, I don't think you can go wrong with Goodyear Eagle Sport (if on low budget) or Michelin pro4 Endurance v2 (if a slightly higher budget, but still not expensive.

Both at 28 wide. But had a brief search and as with a lot of tyres atm, 28s seem to be out of stock everywhere...

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve just replaced Gatorskins with Michelin pro endurance 4…new tyres are as slippery as a slippery thing. Certainly quicker than the Gators but no confidence on them!

Aren’t Eagle Sport car tyres?

FrothNinja

Veteran
Got on the cx and squeezed in a leisurely sunlit 9sh kloms on towpaths and farm tracks before the Minlaw arrived for Chrimbo lunch.
DSC_9907.JPG

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
guards. Rattley or ok?
Rear one is no prob over rough ground & gravel. I have learnt to tweak the front on the move. The velcro pads don't stick to the carbon forks when it gets cold which is a pain in the behouchie when things get bouncy. Problem is there are very few options for the bikes front end

It was near the perfect day here for a long cycle. A strong cold wind but clear, bright and above freezing. Unfortunately I never had time for a long ride or at first the legs for a long ride after a virtual 9000ft in 55miles yesterday, so I went for a short spin to the east taking advantage of the lighter traffic to ignore a stop/start cycle path to cycle up Clocklunie Road. It is a decent path but it more enjoyable if you don't lose momentum :okay:. It was what the legs ordered and they felt good after being blown along Aberdour Road at 25mph for little or no effort.

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

I'd avoid gator skins. Had issues with them, poor grip and welded to rims (could only get off by cutting). For a road tyre with decent puncture protection that won't break the bank, I don't think you can go wrong with Goodyear Eagle Sport (if on low budget) or Michelin pro4 Endurance v2 (if a slightly higher budget, but still not expensive.

Both at 28 wide. But had a brief search and as with a lot of tyres atm, 28s seem to be out of stock everywhere...
I have the michelin pro 4- from 2019 - how do i know if they are worn out ?

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

It was near the perfect day here for a long cycle. A strong cold wind but clear, bright and above freezing. Unfortunately I never had time for a long ride or at first the legs for a long ride after a virtual 9000ft in 55miles yesterday, so I went for a short spin to the east taking advantage of the lighter traffic to ignore a stop/start cycle path to cycle up Clocklunie Road. It is a decent path but it more enjoyable if you don't lose momentum :okay:. It was what the legs ordered and they felt good after being blown along Aberdour Road at 25mph for little or no effort.

View attachment 623613

View attachment 623611

View attachment 623612
Looks like a great road for cycling

Top Bottom