Merry christmas ! What was your christmas day ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was hoping to do a longish ride ! But even my hybrid tyres got a puncture today. Am i riding in a way that is causing more punctures! Vexed ! But it was fun to ride in my elf gear ! Got a lot of Merry christmas shouts. How was your ride ? A lot more cars on the roads than expected
Well done for getting out. I am having a short break from the bike but will get stuck in again soon.

It is good to see that you were dressed to meet the Elf and Safety regulations for a Christmas ride! :okay:

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
45km on Elite Nero rollers as its was chucking it down something awful.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Non existent. I don't ride over the Christmas period.

Last time I took my bike out was mid September. For me it's turbo trainer season from September to March
That sounds perfectly grim. There is lots of fantastic cycling to be done throughout autumn/winter/spring that doesn't involve cold, wet, miserable time on the bike.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Another ride today, around 2 hours out in the rain. Very mild but also very wet.

FF0BD46F-5A09-4136-ABB2-EAE83840966E.jpeg

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

i fancy a go on rollers but i wouldnt stay on the bike :smile:
You mean roller skates

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Well done for getting out. I am having a short break from the bike but will get stuck in again soon.

It is good to see that you were dressed to meet the Elf and Safety regulations for a Christmas ride! :okay:
😊 an improvised elf hat on my helmet

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Last time I rode was a 6 mile utility ride in the early afternoon of xmas eve. Then it pissed down with rain all through the evening into the night. Christmas morning was dull and damp and everywhere was waterlogged if soft ground and big standing puddles on a lot of roads. i gave cycling a miss and just went for an hour walk instead. It was nice and dry in the pub though, before I had my dinner. More shite weather all through the early hours of Boxing Day, pissed down all night. Everything even more waterlogged by the daytime. Went for another walk instead of riding and then down the pub again later. More rain this morning, although not as bad as the previous days. Won't be riding today either. Getting soaked with dirty water spray and splattered all over with mud, ain't my idea of pleasure.

That sounds perfectly grim. There is lots of fantastic cycling to be done throughout autumn/winter/spring that doesn't involve cold, wet, miserable time on the bike.
There is indeed. And for me it's called "turbo training".

Structured training is fantastic:
  • My ftp is increasing
  • I've never felt stronger
  • My bike has never been cleaner
  • My butt has been nice and toasty all autumn and winter

Top Bottom